|04-17-2017, 06:29 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Battery/Gear Light Flickering & Alternator Not Charging
01. Power Relay was stuck. Basically when I turn the ignition to off, the car would still think it's on ACC or Accessory mode, since it was stuck.
02. The whole fuse junction box, below the driver steering wheel had to be replaced. I got a used one for $290 dealership would have been $500-$700.
03. After this was replaced, I noticed that my battery indicator was flickering crazy and my gear light on the cluster was doing the same thing. Finally my alternator gave out.
04. Found out it was from a green wire that was in the fuse junction box. That mechanic probably "Cut It" for reasons unknown... Maybe wanted to make more money off of me, who knows. Not here to judge.
05. My other friend mechanic clamped the wire back together and now there's no more intermittent flickering and the alternator is now charging the battery.
BLITZ S/C|MICRO-IMAGE CRANK PULLEY|NST ALT;WATER PUMP PULLEY|DC CAI;HEADERS;AXLE-BACK EXHAUST|1ZZ INJECTORS|OPTIMA YELLOW-TOP|SUN AUTO GROUND KIT|GTSPEC FRNT STRUT;MID LOWER CHASSIS;4 PNT FRNT LOWER BRACE|WHITELINE REAR SWAY;BUSHINGS|TANABE FRNT SWAY|KSPORT COILOVERS|R1 CONCEPT DRILLED & SLOTTED ROTORS|EBC GREEN PADS|XTREME PERFORMANCE CHIP MOD
|alternator, battery, battery indicator, battery light, flickering|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|DIY yaris III fog lights installation||karloslatynos||Third Gen Yaris General Discussion||45||09-10-2016 06:16 AM|
|yaris 2009 charging light problem||ASEMX1||DIY / Maintenance / Service||1||02-13-2015 09:33 PM|
|How many forum posters does it take to change a light bulb?||silver_echo||Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions||25||06-27-2011 01:50 AM|
|Charging System Light||N9QGS||DIY / Maintenance / Service||1||07-26-2010 06:53 PM|
|LED'n it out (warning...big pics)||custom Lftback||Photo-Video-Media Gallery||9||05-24-2010 03:41 AM|