Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-14-2010, 07:18 AM   #1
CB900F2

Drives: 08 Sedan
New Bumper Cover

Hey guys.. Well... It happened... Was driving on the highway last night and something from the car in front of me came out from underneath and I didnt have enough time dodge it and BAM!.. it hits my lower left side of my bumper and cracked it pretty bad and also broke my lower grill…

I want to replace the bumper, so does anyone know of any shop(s) in the GTA –Toronto that has replacement bumpers and grills?

I will be calling Toyota too see how much they want.. I checked a few US OEM suppliers and the cost of the bumper cover is $180 US, which is a lot less then I was expecting.. But here in Canada, we canuks love to get hosed, so we see what the dealers wants for them

P.S.. I took a look at the service manual and it does not seem to be too difficult to change the bumper.. Anyone has any experience they can share with me?

Thanks guys!
CB900F2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:42 AM   #2
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
It's not difficult. Check out some of the DIY's on installing fog lamps. You have to drop/remove the front bumper to do it.
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 12:26 PM   #3
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
1. sides just pull out (have to pull firmly) - tabs on the bumper edges fit into slots on the body.

2. Lower screws/tabs self explanatory.

3. Top plastic tabs, push in the center to release the tab.

Bumper off!
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:17 PM   #4
toyota
SRacer

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007
Send a message via Yahoo to toyota
nah, not toyota they will
overcharge you...DIY

Learn The Truth about Six Pack Fast!
toyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:42 PM   #5
CB900F2

Cali/all. Any tips on #1 and the best way not to break the clips or the tabs on the bumper??
thanks Cali
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
1. sides just pull out (have to pull firmly) - tabs on the bumper edges fit into slots on the body.

2. Lower screws/tabs self explanatory.

3. Top plastic tabs, push in the center to release the tab.

Bumper off!
Old 01-18-2010, 02:19 PM   #6
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
Any tips on #1 and the best way not to break the clips or the tabs on the bumper??
Just yank it out, I've had mine off more times than I can remember.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 06:49 PM   #7
CB900F2

Cool.. Thanks Cali..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
Just yank it out, I've had mine off more times than I can remember.