Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-29-2012, 07:19 PM   #1
Applejam
I've made a post!

Drives: 2007 Yaris
AC doesn't work on startup until I change circulation

This just started today on my '07 hatchback, but I was able to reliably reproduce it.

When the car starts the AC fan doesn't kick in. If I change the speed, even to 0 and then another speed, it doesn't do anything. If I change how the air flows (either from outside air coming in to recirculation, or vice versa), it kicks in and seems to work fine. I can even change it back to the original setting without trouble.

I'm having difficulties finding a similar problem through Google, partly because I'm not really sure how to succinctly search for it. Anyone encounter something like this? And if it's not an easy fix, how much would it set me back? Is it even worth fixing?
Applejam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:28 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Since the fresh air / recirculate knob is purely mechanical and is not tied at all to the blower, I would start with popping off the AC control panel and checking for the blower speed connector not being fully seated (pull of the vertical black pieces with your fingers and then pull the AC panel straight back).

Tags
a/c, circulation, knob, recirculation