Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-30-2018, 07:51 PM   #19
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
The year has passed quickly. I'll be making the 13th lease payment shortly.

For those few Yarisworld members who may be interested, my one year review would simply be a reiteration of my 6 month review (post #1 above); quality build, excellent fit and finish, outstanding paint, responsive engine and transmission and good handling (for my needs), great highway manners, very comfortable upscale interior design, super quiet cabin, and surprisingly good gas mileage.

So, I've had no complaints and no issues whatsoever with my 2017 Buick Encore. In fact, this subcompact SUV/crossover is a pleasure to own and drive... and is my all-time favourite car.

What will my next car be down the road? Probably a 2019 Buick Encore.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 09:32 PM   #20
Kalispel

Drives: '15 Yaris SE 5MT
The Encore looks like a great vehicle to lease, and like the Yaris, has a charmingly dorky look to it. I tend to like that sort of styling.

I do wonder about the longevity & trouble-free reliability of any turbocharged engine, however, from a long-term ownership standpoint (in the case of purchase over 3 year lease). At least it isn't straight direct-injection though (I don't think), to potentially compound the reliability/maintenance issue even further.
Kalispel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 09:47 PM   #21
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalispel View Post
The Encore looks like a great vehicle to lease, and like the Yaris, has a charmingly dorky look to it. I tend to like that sort of styling.

I do wonder about the longevity & trouble-free reliability of any turbocharged engine, however, from a long-term ownership standpoint (in the case of purchase over 3 year lease). At least it isn't straight direct-injection though (I don't think), to potentially compound the reliability/maintenance issue even further.
LOL. Yes, it is kind of a "dorky" jellybean design... not unlike my 2007 Yaris. I especially like that about the car.

Explore the EU reviews for Opel Mokka/Vauxhall Mokka. Reliability appears to be excellent. Plus, you could check out the UK Vauxhall Mokka forum. Be aware that the Buick Encore is a "luxury" version of the EU Mokka, so there are some material, equipment, accessory, and build differences.

24 month leases are dirt cheap. But, a purchase is surprisingly affordable, too... if you look for a deal. 2 weeks ago, a local dealership was advertising all 2018 Buick Encore (Preferred 1 model with MSRP about $26K) for only $15995.

BTW, the basic warranty is 4/50,000, powertrain warranty 6/70,000, corrosion 6/100,000, and roadside assistance 6/70,000. Plus, 2 years free maintenance.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote