Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-02-2010, 10:06 PM   #19
H3LlIoN

Drives: '09 Yarrrr hatch
The guy's name is Bill, he seems cool. Waiting to hear back from him in terms of cam profiles and recommended FMS...It's $1650 for the head package, plus $350 if you don't have a head to send him. (He goes to the junkyard and pulls one to mill for you) So, if you have a head, it's just the $1650 plus shipping both ways. Complete milled head, custom cams, large bore custom throttle body. Waiting on more details...he calling me in the morning, will keep you posted. Mine is on the way.

Special thanks to Cali Yaris, 1NZYaris1 and lilredrocket
H3LlIoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:08 PM   #20
H3LlIoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksandiegovitz View Post
^^seriously??? What are the details on what you bought
Dead serious. Be jealous.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:16 PM   #21
H3LlIoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluevitz-rs View Post
I'm pretty sure the 1NZ won't make any more power after 6500 because of the flow design of the head and cam profile in a N/A tune.
He regrinds the heads completely and then grinds custom cams. Also, his hp gains are going to require aftermarket tuning...the majority of his customers are race teams running custom electronics. I think I am his first 1nz street customer, looking in to camcon that Garm recommended, also going to talk to Bill about his recommendations...see what he was running to post a 30% gain

Old 04-02-2010, 10:17 PM   #22
GnomeBody
AD&D Dork

Drives: 07Liftback/07sedanS

Mods: K&N filter, Megan Coilovers, Ultra Racing 19mm rear sway bar, Sun tachometer, Window Tint.
GnomeBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:06 PM   #23
06silveryaris

Drives: 2006 yaris
Sounds good, and regarding the prius pistons my buddy Oscar who has a euro repair shop has a new tech who happens to be a Toyota guy and he was telling me about clearance issues when putting the prius pistons in the Yaris block. He did mention that can be cured by using the head from a 2000 echo. He was also telling me about quite a few 2zz echo's driving around he mentioned he would post some vids on youtube.
06silveryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:27 AM   #24
GnomeBody
AD&D Dork

Drives: 07Liftback/07sedanS
Quote:
cured by using the head from a 2000 echo
interesting... I'll have to remember that.

Mods: K&N filter, Megan Coilovers, Ultra Racing 19mm rear sway bar, Sun tachometer, Window Tint.
GnomeBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 07:36 AM   #25
Parmas

Drives: Vitz RS Turbo
The Gude Head package tempted me alot but I think for me as a hole package isn't worth the money.

I have 2 questions for H3Liton:

1. Could you ask Bill how much it costs to order ONLY the so called Bullfrog or Stinger cams and ship it to Europe. I am not intending to send him mine since shipping costs will be more worth to buy new cams.

2. Garm asked an important thing... they mentioned "all Gude performance camshafts are designed to operate to extreme rpm on stock valve springs". What is the extreme RPM number exactly?

Thanks in advance and good luck for your project man
Parmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 10:41 AM   #26
H3LlIoN

Parmas -

Email sent, will let you know what he replies. I should be hearing from him later this morning.

Old 04-03-2010, 11:29 AM   #27
hondakiller99

Drives: 05 Scion xA
i second the thought of just the cams, i would love to know what he wants just for those
hondakiller99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:39 PM   #28
PHXDEMON

Drives: 2007 Red Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by H3LlIoN View Post
Wow...you guys are showing some serious love!

Head....ordered.
PHXDEMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 02:11 PM   #29
H3LlIoN

Just talked a little more to Bill...for those of you running dry NOS kits on your current set up, you would have to work out a wet kit in order to spray the Gude head. Apparently, the reason you can get away with a 50 dry shot is because of a padded fuel curve in the stock ECU that supplies enough to keep up with the spray. The Gude head/cams eat through that extra fuel, so any spray after Gude has to be wet. He was a bit more technical about it, but you get the idea. He emailing me now.

Also, if this works out, be sure to mention my name, as he offered me a kickback for anyone that I send his way. Of course, you'll have to PM me for my real name.

Old 04-03-2010, 02:17 PM   #30
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
milled head, custom cams, large bore custom throttle body.
milled, meaning higher compression?

throttle body? to attach to the stock intake mani?

I'm sure glad you're doing this, so many questions to be resolved, good for everyone.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 02:31 PM   #31
H3LlIoN

He responded:

The cam kit is 750.00 exchange see attached, sorry the Scion has to have valve springs we could not get the level of performance we require on the stock springs as we usually do on most models, the head kit is 1650.00 exchange, and the throttle body is 295.00 exchange.

Old 04-03-2010, 04:52 PM   #32
hondakiller99

Drives: 05 Scion xA
double damn!!!!! i love owing a scion..... just more road blocks for me to blow up!!!! lol well kep me posted on that haed kit cuz i have been looking at one for a whileee
hondakiller99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 05:35 PM   #33
Parmas

Quote:
He responded:

The cam kit is 750.00 exchange see attached,.
$750 including new cams? What about the exchange word? Does this price is only referred to work on cams only?

What have he sent you in attached?

What about the extreme rpm number question? Is there any proof of what he claims?

I'm sure he must understand we are in need of answers before commiting to buy
Old 04-03-2010, 05:46 PM   #34
H3LlIoN

I organized your post sequentially for my benefit, answers below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parmas View Post
1) $750 including new cams?
2) What about the exchange word?
3) Does this price is only referred to work on cams only?
4) What have he sent you in attached?
5) What about the extreme rpm number question?
6) Is there any proof of what he claims?
1) $750 plus shipping will get you a set of cams/springs for your car.

2) Exchange means you send him a set of factory cams to replace the ones he ground to make your new ones. You can either send him cams ahead of time, or wait for yours to come in, as long as you let him know ahead of time. Unsure of what the core charge on just cams is. It was $350 on the head/cams package.

3) $750 covers new cams, bearings and spring set.

4) The attached file was just the link for the head package that has already been posted in this thread, nothing new.

5) As far as the extreme RPM question, he can grind you a set of 1NZ cams that will turn 10,000 rpm.

6) As far as proof, we'll see what happens when the goods get here and I get the car dyno'd. You aren't gonna see a 30% gain on just a set of cams obviously. That gain is claimed on the whole head package, which includes custom cams, large bore ported TB and complete custom milled head.

Old 04-03-2010, 06:49 PM   #35
Parmas

Quote:
I organized your post sequentially for my benefit, answers below.

1) $750 plus shipping will get you a set of cams/springs for your car.

2) Exchange means you send him a set of factory cams to replace the ones he ground to make your new ones. You can either send him cams ahead of time, or wait for yours to come in, as long as you let him know ahead of time. Unsure of what the core charge on just cams is. It was $350 on the head/cams package.

3) $750 covers new cams, bearings and spring set.

5) As far as the extreme RPM question, he can grind you a set of 1NZ cams that will turn 10,000 rpm.

6) As far as proof, we'll see what happens when the goods get here and I get the car dyno'd. You aren't gonna see a 30% gain on just a set of cams obviously. That gain is claimed on the whole head package, which includes custom cams, large bore ported TB and complete custom milled head.

I don't wish to send him my cams, I wish that he use new cams and work on them and ship them to me. If bearings and spring set are stock I don't need them. So that will be $350 or $750? How much for shipping to Malta, Europe?

Are you sure is 10,000 rpm? Do you really think a 1NZFE can withstand and make power at 10K rpm?

I am looking forward for your car to be dyno'd !
Old 04-04-2010, 12:41 AM   #36
H3LlIoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parmas View Post
I don't wish to send him my cams, I wish that he use new cams and work on them and ship them to me. If bearings and spring set are stock I don't need them. So that will be $350 or $750? How much for shipping to Malta, Europe?

Are you sure is 10,000 rpm? Do you really think a 1NZFE can withstand and make power at 10K rpm?

I am looking forward for your car to be dyno'd !

I'm starting to think language is our barrier. If you don't want to send him your cams, then he will go to junkyard and get a set, but you have to pay core charge for that. Will message him and see what that fee amounts to. Bearings and springs are not the stock ones. Springs are heavier duty. I have no idea how much shipping is to malta, I'll ask. He frequently ships internationally though, as he mentioned he has already sent about 30 cam sets to Thailand and Malaysia. As far as the 10k, yes, it MIGHT withstand it, but not for long. It obviously wouldn't be reliable. If you want 10k consistent, he can build you a motor for that. His price is right around $3500.