Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-20-2009, 09:49 PM   #1
Maitre_Te_Te

Drives: Yaris 08
Turbo kit

Hello

What do you think about a Greddy Turbo kit dor Scion XB on Yaris 1.5 1nz???
Maitre_Te_Te is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:51 PM   #2
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
1. Don't know if the downpipe will fit, or the other piping also. Don't know how you're going to tune it.

Why not just get a manifold, small turbo, and make what you need?

More info in your PM.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 01:29 AM   #3
Maitre_Te_Te

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
1. Don't know if the downpipe will fit, or the other piping also. Don't know how you're going to tune it.

Why not just get a manifold, small turbo, and make what you need?

More info in your PM.
ok, tanks, I wait your PM. Tanks very much
Old 11-21-2009, 09:33 AM   #4
Maitre_Te_Te

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitre_Te_Te View Post
ok, tanks, I wait your PM. Tanks very much
Hello, i'm sorry but it's normal that Have have no PM !?!?
Old 11-21-2009, 02:41 PM   #5
Indianspringsaz

Drives: 07 Bitchin Blue HB
Just PM him and ask, he might have forgot.
Indianspringsaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 03:59 PM   #6
gmodder
Riceman43

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3door
yea sometimes garm gets sidetracked he is a busy man...
gmodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 06:19 PM   #7
Giupo

Drives: Yaris
for installed the Scion Xb turbo kit (I'm seeling this : http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23812) in yaris 1nzfe You must modify the last downpipe part and the last part of manifold pipe these modifications are not difficult.
Giupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 01:51 AM   #8
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

I PM-ed him immediately, what the heck. That's ok, what I said is:

Should be able to run 8 psi on a stock motor, but how do you plan to tune it? Need a good tuner with a dyno available or know what you are doing.

Further, since the downpipe and piping both have to be changed, why not just get a turbo manifold, a turbo and make the rest? Probably cheaper that way instead of buying a kit that doesn't fit.

GT25 turbo with internal wastegate
manifold
oil lines
water lines
piping
intercooler
BOV
air/fuel gauge
boost gauge and/or controller
management
tuning
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:09 AM   #9
Giupo

I have tried the gt25 and greddy turbo in stock 1nzfe engine and for me the greddy turbo for stock engine is the best because have a fast respons at 2000 rpm have a full boost, with gt25 you have full boost at 3000 rpm. Gt25 is the best for future upgrade ;)

(the first part of greddy downpipe is good for yaris 1nzfe you must be modify only the last part)
Old 11-22-2009, 08:47 AM   #10
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
pretty sure exhaust manifolds are differnt from the yaris and echo hatch

im assuming you're on clubecho-yarisquebec.com?

you can get to PM's by clicking the name of the person who posted....its not like other forums
Old 11-22-2009, 11:08 AM   #11
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
Giupo, where did you hookup coolant lines from and to? Oil shouldn't be a problem
Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:09 AM   #12
Maitre_Te_Te

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarber View Post
pretty sure exhaust manifolds are differnt from the yaris and echo hatch

im assuming you're on clubecho-yarisquebec.com?

you can get to PM's by clicking the name of the person who posted....its not like other forums
Yes, I'M on clubecho-yarisquebec! But on yaris world, at the top: (Private messages: unread 0, Total 0.) So, it's ok!

I have read that if the turbo you use have a good boost at low rpm, in high rpm, the turbo loss her performance. So, If I want a good boost in high rpm, I most use a turbo that the boost of turbo is at the 4000 rpm. Sorry for my english seriously ! For a good boost on high rmp, I must use a turbo that the boost are at 4000 rpm. For a good boost on low rpm but dificult at high rpm, I must use a turbo that the boost are at low RMP. Is't true?

It's not, how read this graph?
Old 11-22-2009, 11:40 AM   #13
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

your English isn't as bad as you think don't worry hahaha just a little mixed up.

There are some calculations you have to do compared to engine size in correlation of what turbo to choose for your application and where full boost comes on. I was never good at reading those maps anyways.

But obviously a GT25 will spool earlier than a GT28 and a GT28 will produce more power at the same boost levels depending because it flows more air. But the GT25 will probably boost the whole range of the RPM, on a yaris you will probably never go past its efficiency level for it to matter. and obviously a GT28 one will too, but just produce full boost later on

Hope this helps you out a bit.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:31 PM   #14
Giupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus1155 View Post
Giupo, where did you hookup coolant lines from and to? Oil shouldn't be a problem
on coolant hose with adapter for water gauge sensor
Old 11-22-2009, 12:35 PM   #15
Giupo

gt25 for 1nzfe stock is a big turbo I council this turbocharger if you have a pistons, rods and others parts because in stock engine you can go with 7-8 psi of boost max and for this low boost the gt25 is wasted.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:46 PM   #16
Maitre_Te_Te

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus1155 View Post
your English isn't as bad as you think don't worry hahaha just a little mixed up.

There are some calculations you have to do compared to engine size in correlation of what turbo to choose for your application and where full boost comes on. I was never good at reading those maps anyways.

But obviously a GT25 will spool earlier than a GT28 and a GT28 will produce more power at the same boost levels depending because it flows more air. But the GT25 will probably boost the whole range of the RPM, on a yaris you will probably never go past its efficiency level for it to matter. and obviously a GT28 one will too, but just produce full boost later on

Hope this helps you out a bit.
ok good. Yes we help me. But Greddy do a little turbo and I have read for the 1nz, it is a very turbo to use. I don't know wich greddy turbo.

So, If I understand, I need:
Turbo
Turbo manifold
piping
intercooler
Air fuel
Intake Air presure
Turbo timer
Boost controler
ECM

But for the ECM, I must use a full engine control? (Greddy Ultimate) Can I use just a piggy back? If I use a Ultimate, The original ecm stay on the car or the ultimate replace totally the original ecm?

For the turbo manifolt, do you have a good choice? Go at turbinetech, he do a turbo manifolt for echo. But it is very different about all other. http://www.turbinetech.ca/produit_de...d8a9d5&lang=AN

so, overall, it is easy to put a home made setup turbo on Yaris?
Old 11-22-2009, 01:07 PM   #17
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

if you are not building the engine, an ebay log cast manifold should be fine.

You can use a piggyback, you just need to know what you are doing to use it.

But yeah

Turbo
Lines
Piping
Intercooler
Manifold
Downpipe
Tuned Management

Thats the basic kit...
Old 11-22-2009, 01:20 PM   #18
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Nexus, why did you leave out the things from my list (post 8)? Doing this project without a BOV or gauges is nuts, IMO.

Giupo, sorry but I disagree.

My GT25 spooled and produced boost at 2200rpm. I ran it at 8psi on a stock motor (EXACTLY what the OP is asking about), and it was responsive and powerful (183 whp). The Greddy would never make that much power at 8psi.

Maitre, Greddy management products are ALL piggybacks; your ECU stays in the car. Examples of replacement management ("standalone") are MoTeC, AEM EMS, etc.

I'm going to say it now, with all due respect and just trying to help. I made the mistake of not thinking ahead about tuning,and it cost me months of time and plenty of money to get it right.

Based on your posts, you're going to need a great shop with a very experienced tuner and dyno to help you with this project. If you don't have that ready to go (and you should be asking THEM all these questions too, by the way, so you know if they can answer them), you're not ready.