Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Cars for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-30-2015, 06:35 PM   #1
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Why? is buying a BRZ, therefor thinking of selling a Yaris

Yea, but the market values for these things have gone down the tubes the past few years. So not sure anyone would pay what I would actually take. But I guess I should talk about it and try.

So 07 3 dr absolute red with just over 102k miles on it. I've pretty much had it looked over by a mechanic every 10,000 miles or so, at first because I was driving a ton of miles, and now because I drive so little and it should be checked by someone who knows what they are looking at every year or so.

Not sure if I am going to sell it with the mods or take them off, we'll see. I have all the rear interior pieces and they all will go on the car. there's the more shorter than I thought thread. As it sits now it has tint to Mass state limits, an Autometer Phantom tach, and Volk Racing CE28N wheels 14x5.5 with General Altimax tires on it. Not many miles on tires because I don't drive that much any more. A 3 piece NST pulley set and a spec clutch and lightweight flywheel I bought from Jason@SportsCar. Oh, aftermarket deck with older ipod adapter, and cruise control installed with the help of CTScott. I removed the rear windshield wiper and stalk, but I have that somewhere too. Man I forgot the Megan coilovers bought from Micro Image. Seriously how the heck did I do that? Had them on the car since 2012. They are great for a street driven car.

I have all the stock parts, even the stock Toyota head unit, and 2 sets of 15" wheels two which have right angles in them from running over drainage ditches in florida.

Pretty much that's it. As it sits now the car revs quickly and is rather fun to drive.
Old 08-30-2015, 07:47 PM   #2
Gogogordy

Drives: Miss my Yaris, love my Jeep jk
Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
Yea, but the market values for these things have gone down the tubes the past few years. So not sure anyone would pay what I would actually take. But I guess I should talk about it and try.

So 07 3 dr absolute red with just over 102k miles on it. I've pretty much had it looked over by a mechanic every 10,000 miles or so, at first because I was driving a ton of miles, and now because I drive so little and it should be checked by someone who knows what they are looking at every year or so.

Not sure if I am going to sell it with the mods or take them off, we'll see. I have all the rear interior pieces and they all will go on the car. there's the more shorter than I thought thread. As it sits now it has tint to Mass state limits, an Autometer Phantom tach, and Volk Racing CE28N wheels 14x5.5 with General Altimax tires on it. Not many miles on tires because I don't drive that much any more. A 3 piece NST pulley set and a spec clutch and lightweight flywheel I bought from Jason@SportsCar. Oh, aftermarket deck with older ipod adapter, and cruise control installed with the help of CTScott. I removed the rear windshield wiper and stalk, but I have that somewhere too. Man I forgot the Megan coilovers bought from Micro Image. Seriously how the heck did I do that? Had them on the car since 2012. They are great for a street driven car.

I have all the stock parts, even the stock Toyota head unit, and 2 sets of 15" wheels two which have right angles in them from running over drainage ditches in florida.

Pretty much that's it. As it sits now the car revs quickly and is rather fun to drive.
So, are you selling it or just sharing your still undecided decision-making process with the forum?

These threads which are "feelers" and "thinking about selling" don' t really belong in the for sale section, until the posters come to some decisions.

1) decide that its indeed for sale

2) priced

Otherwise....nothing is accomplished by posting ambiguous and indecisive
posts in the "for sale section" seem pointless unless you've decided....to sell.
Sorry, I just find them silly and pointless....

When I'm not driving my Yaris, I'm doing this:
http://gogogordy1.wix.com/scooter-aficionado
Gogogordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 07:57 PM   #3
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogogordy View Post
So, are you selling it or just sharing your still undecided decision-making process with the forum?

These threads which are "feelers" and "thinking about selling" don' t really belong in the for sale section, until the posters come to some decisions.

2) priced

posts in the "for sale section" seem pointless unless you've decided....to sell.
good for you but talking is fun. Pretty sure I was 100% clear that I was going to try and sell it, and as for price, who the hell would look at a price without pictures? Kinda worthless, right? And I'm not going to take pictures of it as it sits, because the rear interior is in pieces in the back of the car, and it has dirt and debris from tens of thousands of miles on it. So when I get it put up right and actually clean and pretty, I can post useful things like pictures.

As for price, you can go to nada and kbb and see what the car is worth, and decide if the mods on it are worth anything at all to you or not. If they are, there is a chance we might be able to make a deal. If not, then you'd probably low ball me and after publicly making fun of you I'd laugh in your face some more just for fun.

And if you aren't really even looking, then while I appreciate you looking, do you know anyone who might be interested in a 9 year old car that can get great gas mileage and still be somewhat fun to drive?
Old 08-30-2015, 09:48 PM   #4
Rigaud

Drives: 2009 Yaris
Quote:
good for you but talking is fun. Pretty sure I was 100% clear that I was going to try and sell it, and as for price, who the hell would look at a price without pictures? Kinda worthless, right? And I'm not going to take pictures of it as it sits, because the rear interior is in pieces in the back of the car, and it has dirt and debris from tens of thousands of miles on it. So when I get it put up right and actually clean and pretty, I can post useful things like pictures.

As for price, you can go to nada and kbb and see what the car is worth, and decide if the mods on it are worth anything at all to you or not. If they are, there is a chance we might be able to make a deal. If not, then you'd probably low ball me and after publicly making fun of you I'd laugh in your face some more just for fun.

And if you aren't really even looking, then while I appreciate you looking, do you know anyone who might be interested in a 9 year old car that can get great gas mileage and still be somewhat fun to drive?
Then post a for sale ad with pics and price? LOL

2009 Toyota Yaris (Little toy)
2002 Audi A4 Avant Quattro 3.0L (Big boy toy)
1998 Subaru Legacy GT 2.5 (winter & DD)
Rigaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:20 AM   #5
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigaud View Post
Then post a for sale ad with pics and price? LOL
reading comprehension is apparently not a specialty of yours.
Old 09-27-2015, 12:54 AM   #6
bairjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogogordy View Post

2) priced

So what are you selling in your post in this thread?
bairjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 01:34 AM   #7
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by bairjo View Post
So what are you selling in your post in this thread?
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 11:57 PM   #8
BLKHILLSGUY

Drives: 2011 3dr LB Polar White
What a waste of a thread. And to see the OP has over 4k posts, and still can't grasp it.
BLKHILLSGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 05:57 AM   #9
bairjo

.Cheap_Trick_THREAD_Police .jpg

Volume of good contribution and seniority has its privileges in just about everything in life...and with it comes the bitching from the tadpoles who just don't get it....jeeze..The only thing that bothers me about this thread....is the "thread police"

Last edited by bairjo; 09-30-2015 at 08:35 AM.
bairjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 07:18 AM   #10
Rigaud

Drives: 2009 Yaris
Quote:
reading comprehension is apparently not a specialty of yours.
Over 4k posts and still challenged! lol

2009 Toyota Yaris (Little toy)
2002 Audi A4 Avant Quattro 3.0L (Big boy toy)
1998 Subaru Legacy GT 2.5 (winter & DD)
Rigaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 12:50 PM   #11
Ben_G

Drives: 2005 Echo
If you can afford it, I'd keep the Yaris. I got a BRZ when it came out, and the last two years, every time I got into my Echo, it put just as much of a smile on my face as the BRZ does.
Ben_G is offline   Reply With Quote