Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-07-2011, 08:02 PM   #1
IMAMEX

Drives: 2008 Yaris 3 Door
Window crank on the floor after toyota servicing

So I took my Yaris in to get serviced and when I came back I noticed the driver side window was rolled all the way down. After I got in and started the car, I noticed the window crank was missing all together. I went in and asked them what happened and they finally came back and said that it was like that already.

I messed up and didn't say anything about it after I found the window crank on the floor of the car. I figured I'd just put it back on when I got home but every time I put it on, it would come off after I closed the door. I then realized after searching the forum that I was missing the little metal clip. So what I'm thinking happened is that one of the mechanics somehow managed to take the handle off and the clip went flying. I have the window crank and the round plastic washer.

This happend a couple of weeks ago and my wife's been getting on me for not complaining then and for now complaining about the fact that I can't fix it. Needless to say, I'm pissed at myself and I just want to find a replacement metal clip.

Any ideas?
IMAMEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:01 PM   #2
swidd

Drives: Yaris HB
I would ask for a personal meeting with the manager and explain what happened. You shouldn't be pissed at yourself :=)
swidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:14 PM   #3
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
dude, just pic up a new clip at autozone for $2... not worth going to battle with the dealership over a couple dollar part
Old 05-08-2011, 06:45 AM   #4
nemelek
DWEED

Drives: 3DR 2008 Metorite Metalic
Don't know what kind of service you had done. But I doubt they had to pull the door handle off. A good service manager who wants your repeat business would have fixed the problem before you left.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:59 AM   #5
1stToyota

Drives: 2013 Chevy Spark 1LT 5-speed
I'd look for any other signs of your door panel being removed. Sounds like they may have had another car in the shop and might have been using yours as a guinea pig ??? Maybe I'm way off but can't see any other logical reason way they removed your window crank and lost the clip; clips don't just fall off.

1997 Lincoln Town Car - SOLD
2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
1stToyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 02:02 PM   #6
IMAMEX

Drives: 2008 Yaris 3 Door
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stToyota View Post
I'd look for any other signs of your door panel being removed. Sounds like they may have had another car in the shop and might have been using yours as a guinea pig ??? Maybe I'm way off but can't see any other logical reason way they removed your window crank and lost the clip; clips don't just fall off.
Sandal!

Sorry I got sidetracked. Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm going to go by the dealership and then try auto zone if that doesn't work out.
IMAMEX is offline   Reply With Quote