Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2018, 05:34 PM   #1
AdamdangA

Drives: 2010 Yaris - Blazing Blue
2010 Hatchback - How long can I expect this thing to last?

Hello Everyone, I currently drive a 2010 Yaris 3dr manual hatchback. I bought the car new a little less than 8 years ago and I have loved every second of owning this car. This car has been able to handle anything and everything that I've thrown at it, including throwing a kayak on the roof rack and eventually towing a trailer with said kayak on it. Every day that I drive to work I put about 110 miles, round trip, on this car and I've never had any issues with it. I have taken care of this car better than myself at times but I just crossed 170,000 miles on it and it's starting to get concerned.

As of today, the car still runs and drives like the day I took it off the lot; I'm always hearing people surprised at how quiet it is while running.

This spring/summer I am planning to do a lot of travelling for fishing and I'm hoping this car is going to be with me every step of the way. We all know the famous story of the 500,000 yaris but I'm curious as to how long everyone else's yaris has lasted them? and what their thoughts are on how much more I can expect?

The car has been paid off for a few years which is amazing. As much as I love this car I don't think I'll be buying another simply because I love all of the features that my car doesn't have yet Toyota seems obsessed with packing the new yaris's full of everything I don't want.

Here's a picture, I know we all love seeing a yaris with a roof rack and trailer!

Attached Images

AdamdangA is offline   Reply With Quote