Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-28-2015, 03:40 PM   #1
seymour201

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Wiper and High Beam Issues

So we had some rain for the first time in month and I hit the wiper lever up to just do one wipe. Well as soon as I release the lever the wipers stopped moving. I had to hit it several times and time it just right in order to park them at the bottom. I tried the slow setting and it seemed fine, but didn't completely stay at the bottom, came up maybe half an inch then stopped.

Is it possible that the switch is starting to fail?

The second part to this post is my high beams.

I recently went in for the two recalls (steering cable, and seat rails). All seemed fine until one day I was driving and thought I had pushed the high beam lever forward, but the indicator light wasn't on so I left it. When I went to indicate, my finger didn't hit the lever and it had indeed been on high. However the head lights hadn't actually switched to high beam.

Is it possible something didn't get reconnect at the dealer? or is the switch dead and just happens to be the first time i noticed it as its been nice and sunny all summer?

Any insight would be great before I contact the dealer and donate money to their donut fund.

Thanks.

P.S. 2007 Sedan, Manual if it matter.
seymour201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 06:24 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
I would definitely check the two stalk connectors. If only the wipers were the issue, then I would have suspected the wiper motor assembly, but not with both.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:32 PM   #3
seymour201

Turns out the retard driving the car forgot the head lights have to be on for the high beams to stay on in the forward position....oops :(

So I guess that would make the wiper motor assembly the culprit of the only actual problem.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2015, 09:49 PM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by seymour201 View Post
Turns out the retard driving the car forgot the head lights have to be on for the high beams to stay on in the forward position....oops :(

So I guess that would make the wiper motor assembly the culprit of the only actual problem.

LOL. There is a cam in the wiper motor assembly that hits a switch to prevent turning off the wipers in the wrong position, so it does seem like wiper motor is the most likely culprit.
Old 10-02-2015, 06:39 PM   #5
seymour201

Turns out the wipers were just lazy. After a summer with next to no rain they must have forgotten what to do. Had a solid week of rain and they were back to normal and no problems since.