Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-27-2013, 11:00 PM   #73
3cyltrbo

Drives: MR2 Spyd/Type R/Yaris/Civic Si
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
two different cars, two different dynos, two different days. Even with identical mods, they won't be comparable except in the most general way.
Of course

however

if I were to dyno 92whp (for example) with more mods that seem to compliment each other / and Tooter dyno'd 111whp ..............................................than , ...........that will prove what my butt says............................. which is that something is amiss.

However.............if I Dyno anywhere north of 100whp, than I'd chalk it up to a problem in my head (assuming I'm not able to find any other variables)
3cyltrbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:09 AM   #74
tooter
play every day

Drives: 2012 Yaris L 2dr 5sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
I didn't know you installed a midpipe section, tooter; or do you mean instead that you have an axle-back exhaust?
Just an axle back. I'm used to using my truck's terminology where there's no such thing as an axle back. Thanks for asking, Garm.

Greg
tooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:54 AM   #75
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
^ I *wish* there were a flange there right after the cat for us to use!
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:29 AM   #76
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
Depending on the type of Dyno. I dyno'ed my stock yaris on a Dynamics dyno and got 115whp. Which was bogus. So I went to another shop who had a dynoJet. I got 87whp on that dyno. Dyno's are usualy on good to tune with, not to compare dyno numbers with other people who use different dyno's.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #77
tooter
play every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikerice View Post
Depending on the type of Dyno. I dyno'ed my stock yaris on a Dynamics dyno and got 115whp. Which was bogus. So I went to another shop who had a dynoJet. I got 87whp on that dyno. Dyno's are usualy on good to tune with, not to compare dyno numbers with other people who use different dyno's.
That's right in the ball park with the rest of the stock dyno runs:

87hp to 91hp

I chose Dyno Jet for all my dyno runs because their charts have really precise numerical resolution. A lot of the other dyno charts are way too vague and wishy washy and only indicate approximate results.

Last edited by tooter; 08-28-2013 at 09:22 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:54 PM   #78
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Will, did you swap the TB back to stock yet?
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:44 PM   #79
Mz3oh5

Drives: 13' HB
Looks better then my car ;)
I'll take your performance upgrade any day!!

-- Isabella
Mz3oh5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:53 AM   #80
tooter
play every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3cyltrbo View Post
Of course

however

if I were to dyno 92whp (for example) with more mods that seem to compliment each other / and Tooter dyno'd 111whp ..............................................than , ...........that will prove what my butt says............................. which is that something is amiss.

However.............if I Dyno anywhere north of 100whp, than I'd chalk it up to a problem in my head (assuming I'm not able to find any other variables)
Hey trbo,

Haven't heard anything as to whether or not you got your engine running right yet. So what happened? If for any reason you're not satisfied with your tooter, please don't hesitate to return it for a full refund. Right now, I'm sold out so there's no problem taking it back to resell to someone else.

Please let me know...

(also pmed you)

Greg