Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-22-2008, 05:50 PM   #1
Yawesh

Drives: 08 sedan at
CRUD, someone dented my rear door today

so i was parked at the mall, and after i got my Call of Duty world at war - i sat in my car thinking about shootin' some Nazi's down, when i see a little piece of paper folded up by my wiper

I already knew something was wrong, something had to happen and someone was nice enough, to leave me a message

That persons' door apparently hit me by accident. I should have taken a picture right away, cause i can't show you guys right now that it's dark.

The person wants me to call the number given to me

the dent is not just a nick.....about 1 inch wide and 2cm high paint is gone - but i'm more concerned on the dent. It looks like a double dent (like the ridges of two fingers of a brass knuckle. the middle of the "valley" is the paint gone.

it's quite noticeable, but not too crazy

i'll take pics tomorrow. my color is the dark greyish color

just need some opinions and what to do

i'm sure without a clear picture, you guys can't judge how much it will cost.
Yawesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 06:15 PM   #2
Red Horse

Drives: 2008 Yaris sedan A/T
I hope is not a wrong number, it happen to me when I was park in the side street, someone scrape the driver side, I keep dialing the number and it keep saying that "the number your dial is not in service".

Red Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 07:24 PM   #3
Yawesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Horse View Post
I hope is not a wrong number, it happen to me when I was park in the side street, someone scrape the driver side, I keep dialing the number and it keep saying that "the number your dial is not in service".
dang....

actually it worked, but voicemail came on with the person's name. I'm thinking they want to hear my voice first via message before responding

how bad was the scrape and how much it cost to fix?
Old 12-22-2008, 07:33 PM   #4
Rain
help! my Yaris shrunk!

Drives: 12 Hot Lava iQ/07 Jade Vios
Another one gets hit...

WOW. This is like the third thread that I have read today with a Yaris getting damaged.. hmm..
Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 07:38 PM   #5
buchieboy

Drives: Toyota Yaris
im sorry to hear about this, hope you get to fix it soon.
buchieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 07:56 PM   #6
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Probally run you about 300. Cost to pop out the dent some bodyfiller and repaint it.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 08:04 PM   #7
Yawesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by YarisSedan View Post
Probally run you about 300. Cost to pop out the dent some bodyfiller and repaint it.
no need to repaint the whole door rah?

i'll post pics first ding tomor mornin
Old 12-22-2008, 09:31 PM   #8
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Its actually probally gona cost the same to blend in the paint as it is to repaint the whole door. Cost of bodywork usually isnt in the materials its in labor. If you dont mind a near perfect job. You could probally attempt to do this yourself for the cost of about 50 dollars. First you would have to remove the door panel from the inside and try to pop it out best you can perhaps with a rubber mallot. Or you can try this method....

http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to/vi...ighter-165054/

Then you would have to use a bodyfiller. If the dent by now is barely visible you could get by using some bondo using a light later of filler. Then some light sanding. You should no longer feel the dent by running your hands over the dent with your eyes closed.

Then go to this websight http://www.automotivetouchup.com/ and purchase a can of color matched paint. Lightly spray over a few coats at a time. Once it drys use some rubbing compound and take out any orange peel and overspray. Then hit it with a light coat of duplicolor clear coat spray. Then little more rubbing compound polish and wax.

This methed you should have a very decent repair for about 50 bucks. And no one will really know the damage except for you. If you really take the time to do it right you really really cant tell there was damage in the first place.

Or if you desire perfection you could take it to a real bodyshop which they will do a simular process but probally repaint the entire door.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:30 PM   #9
kuyachris84

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback Black
I had a huge dent awhile back. Called Dent Wizard after getting their number at a local shop. The guy stopped by my house and did his paintless dent removal. Cost me about $170 out of pocket but it's better than paying my insurance premium of $500. The work he did was amazing, he removed the dent from the inside and it was like my car wasn't even hit!....

Here's the site if you're interested. http://www.dentwizard.com/content/103/trade_home.aspx
kuyachris84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:52 PM   #10
Madison_nj85

Drives: 2009 Yaris 5-Door Liftback
I was KILL if my baby got hurt!!!! U guy's C Yarisman? U should send him 2 the house 2 pick up your check
Madison_nj85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 02:17 PM   #11
YarisBaltimore
Banned

Drives: 2014 Toyota Yaris
I am in the Baltimore area, and I tried Ars Dent Repair https://www.arsdentrepair.com. Not sure if they have a shop at your place
But they did a wonderful job by removing a big dent on my Yaris for $350 other shops refused to touch.
YarisBaltimore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 08:24 AM   #12
Leegamer

Drives: No longer own a yaris :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by YarisBaltimore View Post
I am in the Baltimore area, and I tried Ars Dent Repair https://www.arsdentrepair.com. Not sure if they have a shop at your place
But they did a wonderful job by removing a big dent on my Yaris for $350 other shops refused to touch.
Hopefully he already took care of it since it happened 11 years ago. lol