Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-02-2006, 11:46 AM   #1
Kiteless

Drives: US 2007 Yaris Liftback 5MT
New Yaris Owner

Hey all. I am a new Yaris Liftback owner. When I first saw the Hatchback version (of the Echo) a couple of years ago (photos only as they are not sold in the US), I was not terribly impressed. But the 2007 model Yaris was love at first sight. Anyway here is a lame low sideways pic of my Silver 07 Yaris 5 Speed. My last hatchback was a 2002 Honda Civic Si. It was a great car but way too heavy at 2744lbs.

A quick story on how I managed to get a Yaris since they are so hard to find. I went to a Scion dealership (Next to a Toyota dealership) wanting to check out the xA. I thought they where neat little cars. I had also test drove the Fit a week or so earlier. But what I really wanted was a base Yaris. So I get there and they just sold the xAI was going to test drive. But a Toyota sales guy was right there and they mentioned that they got 2 Yaris's (Yari?) yesterday afternoon. They had only justad the factory plastic peeled off hours before I got there. They had a Silver and black one. I decided on Silver because they are easier to keep clean. It was a 5 speed manual with only standard equipment. Did not even have a stereo. Fine by me, as I did not want to pay for an overpriced factory unit just to replace it with one I already had. Went on a 8 mile test drive, over steep hills, through city traffic, on the freeway. I was VERY impressed how such a tiny car could handle so well, and quietly. On the way back, I told him about my not so steller credit. I told him that if he could get me finances, I would buy it. Some how I managed to squeeze off $1000 for a down and they got me going. And yes, I love the fact that my car is "soooooo cute" like everyone says.

Currently I plan on making the following mods on it.

1. Waiting for dash adaptor for single DIN head unit. When that happens, install said head unit.
2. Connect XM Radio to head unit.
3. Install GPS unit using friction dash mount (on order)
4. If it works, install a IP with a tach in it. (or maybe look into getting a tasteful looking a piller tach when one becomes available.
5. Install an after market rear spoiler.
6. After the car is paid off, look into getting some nice low pro rims.
7. Maybe have it lowered a little as long as it does not effect weight capacity.

Kiteless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 11:53 AM   #2
Ran Kizama
That Anime Guy

Drives: 5-Speed Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Ran Kizama Send a message via MSN to Ran Kizama
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forums!
Old 08-02-2006, 01:25 PM   #3
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
Congrats and welcome!
Car is looking very nice!
It seems you lucked out!
Old 08-02-2006, 03:20 PM   #4
Kiteless

Hey thanks guys. I have been driving a lot these days. I am so happy to see something like the Yaris finally hit the US. The xA was very close, but not quite close enough to a european little hatch that I have been looking at longingly. Not only does it pull that off, I thjink it does it with grace and style. It is small without feeling tiny.

Anyway I know I am preaching to the wrong croud here. Below is my former car that was injured on the highway while commuting to work. Little tiny lady driving a Mitsubishi Montero hit my back fender, cell phone pics below.

It is a rare 1994 Subaru SVX, 230bhp, 3600lbs, 3.3L Boxer 6 Cyl.

And here is a crappy cell phone picture on the highway of the damage. I was not at fault and am still struggling with the insurance company (hers) and my medical provider to even return my calls. BTW, Geico rocks! THey are my insurance and have been very helpful.

My damage:

Her damage:

Anyway, sort of thanks to this I was able tro afford to get out of that loan and buy my Yaris. Amazing how things work out.

- Kiteless
Old 08-02-2006, 04:01 PM   #5
Ran Kizama
That Anime Guy

Drives: 5-Speed Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Ran Kizama Send a message via MSN to Ran Kizama
The SVX is a weird little car. My buddy has a white one and I'll never get used to all the glass. Still, it was definitely a car ahead of it's time.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:54 PM   #6
Chaad32

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Those cars are nice. My brother has a 1994 too.....It's like driving a car with a very big window vent visor.
Floor mats, Weathertech vent visors
Chaad32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 06:46 PM   #7
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Nice cars, especially the new Yaris! Welcome!
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 09:47 PM   #8
as400g33k

Drives: 05 YRS Silver Lining Metallic
Nice! Welcome, mate!
as400g33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 11:48 PM   #9
Kiteless

Thanks folks! I think my Yaris and I have found some new friends.

- K