Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-26-2015, 03:17 PM   #1
CowsGoMooo

Drives: 2008 Hatchback Auto
ZAGE Turbo | 10.5 Compression | Fuel?

I'm still just theorizing if this would be possible for me to sometime get a zage kit or something similar. I want to get the car a bit of a sleeper with some power, but maintain solid reliability and leave it to my mk3 supra to be the super custom muscle car.

Cause the ZAGE run fine at 7psi as a street car? Random pulls here and there nothing big? Can you run it without a tune and still have safe AFR? Also would you have to run 93 in this setup? I mean the whole point of this car was to have a reliable car that doesn't cost much to maintain or in gas. 93 is much more expensive than 87. I'm just worried with the 1nz 10.5:1 it would be an awful idea to run 87 or 89. Whereas my brothers Veloster can run 87, the computer just adjusts timing (Retards it I think?) and be okay. That engine runs 9.5:1 compression.

Love ot know your thoughts! I'd have fun beating the diesel trucks around here with a sleeper yaris.

Or I could just go the modest route and get a Prius C in a year or two and save more money! But something about a yaris running high RPM with a rollcage, spoiler and wide offset slick tires sounds sexy.
CowsGoMooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 06:04 PM   #2
sportivoecho

Drives: toyota echo sportivo
hey man. i have the zage kit on my 2005 echo sportivo (australia) compression is never a problem it just determines how much boost you can run before it knocks, in saying that you will need fuel and ignition management, i went with an EMS stinger 4 here in australia because the support is great. im currently running 10psi and i make 158hp at the wheels.

here we have 98 oct fuel which i run but no matter the octane rating you use your tuner will tune the car to that fuel. you will need bigger injectors also i went with the 1.8L corolla injectors which are a straight swap (1zz).

a turbo charger is great on these cars, they are very light and even on 7psi you get a massive difference.

hope this helps
sportivoecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 11:34 PM   #3
sportivoecho

Drives: toyota echo sportivo
and for your second wuestion. you can run 7-8psi reliably eithout any issues at all, but still you need a tune, which requires an aftermarket ecu.

fuel consumption on mine is still great i get 500km to the full tank but now i can overtake and go up hill quite nicely haha
sportivoecho is offline   Reply With Quote