Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-28-2018, 09:30 AM   #19
myfirstyota
3 Yaris and counting..

Drives: 07 Yaris rs 3 door 2zr swaped
The only reason I don't have pics for the swap is cause my phone shat about a month ago. The 30ish pics I had were instantly gone. The backup phone I'm currently using sucks major. I never bothered taking more pics.

The tkc... I'll have a new phone by then. Tkc diy for all!
myfirstyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 09:34 AM   #20
Leegamer

Drives: No longer own a yaris :(
What are your plans for engine management once you go turbo?
Old 12-28-2018, 09:39 AM   #21
myfirstyota
3 Yaris and counting..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leegamer View Post
What are your plans for engine management once you go turbo?
The kit comes with an aem fic. There's also a plug and play harness option but I dont believe it'll be that easy. The harness is for a corolla and I'm pretty sure Armstrong stated in his thread the pin out in the ecm is different than Yaris/xd. Gonna have to hardwire that puppy in.
Old 12-28-2018, 10:04 AM   #22
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by myfirstyota View Post
The kit comes with an aem fic. There's also a plug and play harness option but I dont believe it'll be that easy. The harness is for a corolla and I'm pretty sure Armstrong stated in his thread the pin out in the ecm is different than Yaris/xd. Gonna have to hardwire that puppy in.
I was thinking the same thing. Btw I second your sentiments regarding the new etest law in Ontario- huge win for car enthusiasts
Old 12-28-2018, 10:46 AM   #23
myfirstyota
3 Yaris and counting..

Not just enthusiasts, every car owner in southern Ontario. I'd like to know the amount of money spent by consumers trying to get a car to pass an emissions test cause an evap or some other bs code is present. Doesn't affect fuel economy, actual emissions discharge or reliability. But big brother says I gotta spend 4 bills before I can drive my car again? I got a finger for that.... Its in the middle. Lol
Old 12-28-2018, 12:11 PM   #24
tmontague

Tell people it's for the environment or a "carbon tax" and they want even look into its efficacy, they'll just line up to give their money away.

The auto industry was one of the main driving forces behind the e test via lobbying gov't. It made clean, used vehicle cost prohibitive to fix which drive new car sales since cars are now lasting longer. If it ever was a true emissions test then only emissions related CEL's would cause a fail
Old 12-28-2018, 12:20 PM   #25
myfirstyota
3 Yaris and counting..

Or they wouldn't have moved away from sniffers. That's a real emissions test. Sample the exhaust. See what the car is actually polluting.

Totally agreed just a money grab for the government and to drive the economy.

Go Fordsie go? Lol
Old 12-28-2018, 01:05 PM   #26
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Money lost from government coffers since the Liberals made it a no charge but mandated service was simply replentished by a huge hike in plate renewal fees. They are still getting your $$.

I agree in the move away from sniffer test to CEL based. Total joke. One can be burning a shit load of oil and not be throwing a code.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 12-28-2018, 01:14 PM   #27
myfirstyota
3 Yaris and counting..

Plates, licence renewals, income tax, property tax, sales tax, the ridiculous price of mandatory insurance in this province. Bet you you only get 30% of your paycheque at the end of it all. And I'm one of the unfortunate single guys. My tax returns suck.
Old 12-28-2018, 01:23 PM   #28
tmontague

But it's all worth it right? Canada is a perfect country, remember, our health care is free

It seems you can make people give money for any cause if you word it properly. People today seem to lack depth or intelligence (or simply don't care) to actually think pragmatically and run numbers before they jump in the bandwagon...

Aaaaanyway,
Old 12-28-2018, 02:03 PM   #29
myfirstyota
3 Yaris and counting..

Sheep. Even most guys and their cars are just sheep. Everyone and their cousin has a done civic. Takes a proper wrencher to do up a Yaris ;)
Old 12-28-2018, 09:12 PM   #30
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Quote:
The tkc... I'll have a new phone by then. Tkc diy for all!
Great. I'll be following this. Purely out of interest, I communicated with Matt at Monkeywrench Racing hoping to get some specifics on dimensions/space requirements for the turbo components. He said he didn't have specifics on that, but he did inquire about clearance at the manifold. I assumed, the exhaust manifold to firewall as I believe the intake remains stock.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 09:23 PM   #31
myfirstyota
3 Yaris and counting..

I'm fully prepared to make room if need be lol. Nothing that can't be solved with a hammer, grinder and a welder!
Old 12-28-2018, 09:43 PM   #32
06YarisRS

Quote:
I'm fully prepared to make room if need be lol. Nothing that can't be solved with a hammer, grinder and a welder!
Love it! Can't wait.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
Old 01-02-2019, 02:10 PM   #33
myfirstyota
3 Yaris and counting..

Pics added. Sorry for the poor quality.
I got a new phone now so they'll get better.
I also realized I did a poor job of documenting my swap. My apologies. I lost most of my pics when my phone died.
Old 01-02-2019, 02:33 PM   #34
Leegamer

Drives: No longer own a yaris :(
Quote:
I also realized I did a poor job of documenting my swap. My apologies. I lost most of my pics when my phone died.
It's hard to stop and document things when you're excited and/or frustrated in the middle of a job.

I'm usually more frustrated and stressed out than excited, lol.
Old 01-02-2019, 03:06 PM   #35
06YarisRS

Yeah, I totally get it. I have a hard time stopping to take pics too. But, I often force myself to do it, operating under the possibly misguided assumption that others might want to see them.

I just backed up hundreds of pics from my various car projects on OneDrive - probably a big waste of bandwidth.

Old 01-02-2019, 03:28 PM   #36
06YarisRS

Quote:
Pics are great! Enjoyed looking at them. If find that 1024 x 786 or 800 x 600 make it easier to see them and keeps from having to scroll to read the text. But, who's complaining.