Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-02-2016, 12:52 PM   #1
mikejd

Drives: 2006 Toyota Yaris Hatchback
Dash install kit

Hey guys, I am in the process of installing a aftermarket deck in a 2006 yaris hatch and it seems like the dask install kits are impossible to find, or they just do not make them?. can anyone help me out? thanks
mikejd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 01:10 PM   #2
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Double post, both of which are in the incorrect sub-forums.

Single or Double DIN?

Metra makes both and they are all over the internet. You will not find in local retail outlets if that is what you are doing, prompting you to state impossible to find or just not made.

http://www.crutchfield.com/g_112200/...s.html?tp=3121
Old 10-03-2016, 03:34 PM   #3
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
Double post, both of which are in the incorrect sub-forums.

Single or Double DIN?

Metra makes both and they are all over the internet. You will not find in local retail outlets if that is what you are doing, prompting you to state impossible to find or just not made.

http://www.crutchfield.com/g_112200/...s.html?tp=3121
The shop I had install my double din touchscreen had the kit in-stock...
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 03:57 PM   #4
WeeYari

Looks like mods moved both of the OPs threads into the correct sub-forum. This one might as well have been deleted since it was the other one that got the more responses.
Old 10-03-2016, 04:23 PM   #5
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Looks like mods moved both of the OPs threads into the correct sub-forum. This one might as well have been deleted since it was the other one that got the more responses.
You're right; I noticed it after my last comment.
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 10:47 AM   #6
jcboy

Drives: Sedan 07
What is the generation of your yaris? Our 2006 Yarises here are 2nd gens and dont have integrated radios. Thus going aftermarket only required the wiring harness (or tapping into the wires if no OCD involved lol) and reusing the factory console.

Sent from my G9208SS using Tapatalk
jcboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 11:17 AM   #7
WeeYari

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcboy View Post
What is the generation of your yaris? Our 2006 Yarises here are 2nd gens and dont have integrated radios. Thus going aftermarket only required the wiring harness (or tapping into the wires if no OCD involved lol) and reusing the factory console.
North American vehicles for some reason have a wider DIN/DDIN opening in the dash than other markets. Therefor, when we install aftermarket head units, we are required to put in trim kits that fill the resulting gap on each side of the head unit.
Old 10-07-2016, 01:26 PM   #8
jcboy

Drives: Sedan 07
Quote:
North American vehicles for some reason have a wider DIN/DDIN opening in the dash than other markets. Therefor, when we install aftermarket head units, we are required to put in trim kits that fill the resulting gap on each side of the head unit.
Well guess what, its a Toyota thing i guess. Because like you we also have 200mm DINs. Sucks to see spacers there on my 3rd gen yaris lol.

Anyway those come with your Metra kits right? Ours here in Asia are WisdomHoly and AudioWorx as better versions of the unbranded China ones. (The formers are Taiwan-made). Not to mention with the China ones, you have to buy the spacers separtely for about 10usd.

Sent from my G9208SS using Tapatalk
jcboy is offline   Reply With Quote