Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-11-2013, 07:51 PM   #1
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

Drives: Yaris L Coupe
Just Got My 2013 Yaris L Automatic - Wow!

Well, happened to travel to the nearest Toyota/Scion dealer on my Birthday 2 days ago to look at the Scion iQ - Of course, the one they had for 245 days just sold a week ago, but they had a Gray 3 Door Yaris L. Wanted to look at the Yaris, also, so was glad they had one there. For the money, I was pretty darn impressed. Nash, our sales guy, got an Absolutely Red one from another dealer and I picked it up around 1:00pm this afternoon. I have never been so enthralled with a car. Had to get rid of the 2003 Trailblazer, even with the straight 6 engine, it was sucking up way too much gas and it served it's purpose.
I have been reading the posts here and have had so many laughs & was so impressed by the lack of problems with this car.
This is my first Toyota, should have purchase one years ago. Fresh start.
The dash is awesome, the interior is so roomy. The seats are friggin' com-for-TABLE!
I drove the gray one at the dealer a few miles, yeah, this is pretty cool. I drove my red one away, and 5 miles down the mountain it felt like I had been driving it for years. Unreal - !

It's a go-cart with air, excellent greenhouse, the steering wheel with the 2 humps at 10 & 2 o'clock are awesome. The stereo rocks out enough for me, can't wait to play with the iPod tomorrow -

Popped the hood on the gray one at the dealer...can't believe how much room there is in the engine compartment..WAIT, is that the oil filter right up front??! I look under the car and the oil drain is like a foot from the oil filter?
So I can change the oil on this sucker and not even use a pair of ramps...I'm hooked.

I LOVE THE CRANK WINDOWS Haven't had those since 1988 - I could go on & on...The way the electronics work & sound, the hatch release, the key and locks opening, it seems so precise. I'm really amazed by the sturdiness & quality in this little package. It's a basic Yaris L, but it has plenty enough for me. The Trailblazer had so many options, I never used them.
Really, really glad I got this car - so stoked about it. Thanks for all the great posts, I will try my best to add to the discussion, help with tricks & maintenance stuff. Best to all, everyone likes pics, hope these attach.
yougojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:40 PM   #2
Exiwolfman

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Nice ride ...gratz , i would love a black two door 5 spd think that will be my next yaris.
Exiwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:59 PM   #3
Absolutely Red 12
Asshole

Drives: 2012 and 2013!
Hey!!
That what mine looked like new!!

Start with a TRD rear sway bar, it will handle so much better!!
Now do this:
Springs sway bar wheels tint!!
Old 04-11-2013, 09:01 PM   #4
tooter
play every day

Drives: 2012 Yaris L 2dr 5sp
Hi Jay,
I'm happy for you. That's how I still feel about mine, and it's a year later. You sound just like me going on about the neato crank windows!
tooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:11 PM   #5
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post
Hi Jay,
You sound just like me going on about the neato crank windows!
Me too. Congrats!
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:52 PM   #6
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
. For both and welcome Yougojay .

Last edited by Hershey; 04-12-2013 at 11:46 AM.
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:39 PM   #7
DJYojimbo

Drives: 2012 Grey Toyota Yaris SE
Congrats!!!
DJYojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:34 AM   #8
b20vteg
no show, no go :(

Drives: 2012 yaris 3dr hb
Send a message via MSN to b20vteg
congrats bud, and welcome! :D
Old 04-12-2013, 06:54 AM   #9
Foot

Drives: 2010 3dr yaris
Congrats, but what happened to the console in the middle? That is just unusual, I do not know if I could get use to the speedometer just right there with the steering wheel... Hehe..
Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:20 AM   #10
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiwolfman View Post
Nice ride ...gratz , i would love a black two door 5 spd think that will be my next yaris.
Thanks Buddy - In my head it was black, white or red...last vehicle was white, black or red??? Went with the red..flip a coin, sheesh...black would have looked real good, too. Well, lovin' the RED, says hey look at me
Old 04-12-2013, 09:50 AM   #11
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolutely Red 12 View Post
Hey!!
That what mine looked like new!!

Start with a TRD rear sway bar, it will handle so much better!!
Now do this:
Springs sway bar wheels tint!!
Your car looks like my cars long (short) lost twin, LOL - 'cept it has on different shoes!
Thanks for posting the pic of your car, so cool...
You are right about the TRD rear sway bar, if I eventually spend a couple, 300 dollars on an upgrade, it would be the sway bar. Wheels & tires would be next but that would be years down the road. Car will probably get 5,000 miles a year on it...give or take
Old 04-12-2013, 10:03 AM   #12
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post
Me too. Congrats!
Handcrankwindowsville, TX
Old 04-12-2013, 10:48 AM   #13
dennismr

Drives: 2013 Yaris L
Congrats! Got my 2013 Absolutly Red just 2 months ago, and it just rolled over 3000 miles yesterday. Your pics look just like mine! I absolutly love the little car! The only thing I added was the cruise control stalk that you can get from CTScott for $40. Makes the interstate so much nicer! I posted the pics of the install if you want to see it - http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...+cruise&page=5
dennismr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:55 PM   #14
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennismr View Post
Congrats! Got my 2013 Absolutly Red just 2 months ago, and it just rolled over 3000 miles yesterday. Your pics look just like mine! I absolutly love the little car! The only thing I added was the cruise control stalk that you can get from CTScott for $40. Makes the interstate so much nicer! I posted the pics of the install if you want to see it - http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...+cruise&page=5
Thanks Dennismr, great tutoral at the link. Looks like CTScott is real active on this forum - I see the install for the cruise control stalk, is this for Yaris' w/cruise control already? Don't have cruise control on my Yaris, rarely used it on the last vehicle. Just really wanted a basic car that was fun to drive, had a good stereo with iPod hook-up, air, auto & is great on mpg's - Love this car, also, and thanks in advance
Old 04-15-2013, 10:51 AM   #15
dennismr

Drives: 2013 Yaris L
easy cruise...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yougojay View Post
Thanks Dennismr, great tutoral at the link. Looks like CTScott is real active on this forum - I see the install for the cruise control stalk, is this for Yaris' w/cruise control already? Don't have cruise control on my Yaris, rarely used it on the last vehicle. Just really wanted a basic car that was fun to drive, had a good stereo with iPod hook-up, air, auto & is great on mpg's - Love this car, also, and thanks in advance
The only reason you don't have cruise control on your yaris is because the factory didnt' install the stalk. It's all built into the computer. Mass production is easier when it's all the same. Dealer can charge you $300-500 to "install" the cruise control for you, or you can just add the stalk yourself for $40. It's a plug-and-play world now!
dennismr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:07 PM   #16
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennismr View Post
The only reason you don't have cruise control on your yaris is because the factory didnt' install the stalk. It's all built into the computer. Mass production is easier when it's all the same. Dealer can charge you $300-500 to "install" the cruise control for you, or you can just add the stalk yourself for $40. It's a plug-and-play world now!
Completely understand now - so cool, that would be easy to do, wow, CC for around 40 bucks - Thank you much, I will make a note so I don't forget about this one.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:46 PM   #17
mirapatec

Drives: 2012 Yaris L, 2020 Yaris LE HB
Congratulations on your new car. I know exactly how you feel.

mirapatec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:03 PM   #18
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by yougojay View Post
Handcrankwindowsville, TX
Yeah, love my hand crank windows!!!!!
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote