Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 03-15-2010, 03:32 PM   #109
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
Quote:
Originally Posted by kou View Post
When i got wheels they came with hubcentric rings pre installed.I got the 15x7 c1 lights.
he's looking at the 15X8's though, they're BMW fitment, which means there's no ring that will fit (it would be only 1mm thick)
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:45 PM   #110
RacerFreakXXX
JDM Fred

Drives: 06 Mazda Miata
Send a message via AIM to RacerFreakXXX
Well I made the jump about 1min ago and bought tk blues, tein springs, and penguin 10mm hub spacers. Next is intake and exhaust and then wheels for me, I figured why let good tires go to waste (aka stock) cuz they are not worth selling.
RacerFreakXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:58 PM   #111
kngrsll
Apexing Egg!!

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris white hatch
Send a message via AIM to kngrsll
thats a great start. no rear sway bar?
kngrsll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:11 PM   #112
RacerFreakXXX
JDM Fred

I have had one for a year now, lol. I just wanted to wait to install it till I got the rest of my suspension... the only thing I am missing is a front strut bar.

I need to find a place that sells beatrush front strut bars, that are in stock.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:46 PM   #113
detroiter

Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
Tk blues, Tein springs and a rear sway bar? Prepare to have ALOT of fun :)

Becareful of that front sway bar, might hold you back from some of the killer handling your about to soon experience when you get your new goodies on.
I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.
detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:09 AM   #114
RacerFreakXXX
JDM Fred

I'm opting for a strut bar not a sway bar... but i am looking forward to the massively improved handling, especially with my 23mm rear sway bar :)

My main thing next is wheels, 15x8 or 15x7 or 16x8 or 16x7? I am considering TR C1M 15x7 +30 or 15x8 +20, Rota Grid off-road 16x8 +10, or a few of the XXR wheels that range in many sizes and offsets.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:51 AM   #115
detroiter

durr, nevermind me. I misread what you wrote lol.

That's what I'm running is TK blues, Teins and ur 23mm bar. Tires I have are dunlop signatures. Handles really impressive, can only imagine if I had wider tires with a lower sidewall.
I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:31 AM   #116
RacerFreakXXX
JDM Fred

has anyone run a 205/50/15? that is the only size I can find performance tires in a 15" otherwise I have to go with a s.drive for a 205/55/15
Old 04-26-2010, 07:04 AM   #117
azizajalal
I've made a post!

Drives: ikon
hii

I'm gonna install them myself, just gonna rent some spring compressors and I have a few mechanic friends who said they would lend me their garage and tools and help. Oh and I'm not buying shocks because I'm going to buy coilovers, these are just for the next year or two.

Tinting
azizajalal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:30 AM   #118
RacerFreakXXX
JDM Fred

OK?...... thread hijack

again anyone running 205/50/15?
Old 04-26-2010, 08:59 AM   #119
kngrsll
Apexing Egg!!

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris white hatch
Send a message via AIM to kngrsll
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerFreakXXX View Post
I'm opting for a strut bar not a sway bar... but i am looking forward to the massively improved handling, especially with my 23mm rear sway bar :)

My main thing next is wheels, 15x8 or 15x7 or 16x8 or 16x7? I am considering TR C1M 15x7 +30 or 15x8 +20, Rota Grid off-road 16x8 +10, or a few of the XXR wheels that range in many sizes and offsets.
i still love my wheels, team dynamics... i wouldnt buy anything else right now.

and i am only running the dunlop star specs at 195/55/15. someone told me they are making a 205/50 now but i havent looked into it. solid tire, gets plenty of miles and just has mountains of grip

you dont need a front strut bar either, so dont feel real pressured into getting one right away. the front end is pretty solid from the get go.
kngrsll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 06:31 PM   #120
RacerFreakXXX
JDM Fred

So I pulled my car into the shop today and started taking apart the suspension for everything when I noticed my passenger side axle boot was shredded and caught in my brakes. I thought I just had a warped rotor or something but I guess not. So I decided to just do the rear hub spacers and the rear sway bar. Then the shit hit the fan. I got my driver side hub spacer on w/o any problems. Then while putting my passenger side spacer in I had a bolt give me a hard time. So I decided to hit it with the gun, biggest mistake ever. I did some damage to the threads on the bolt and on the arm hub. Luckily it was fixable so we got the bolts fixed and then while doing the arm the tap snapped while fully in. One of the guys managed to drill it out but the thread still needs to be re-tapped. Unfortunately no one there had another tap in that size, so I have to get one off the tool truck tomorrow. Luckily it wasn't me who broke the tap, so the tech is gonna fix it tomorrow if he can get the tap off the truck. Luckily I work at a Toyota dealership and they are going to look at the boot tomorrow. Hopefully it will be covered under 3yr/36kmiles, my car is an 09 with 12k on it. Now I just have no car till it all gets fixed.

On an upside... I installed the camber spacer with the driver side hub and it looks amazing. I can't wait to get everything fixed and installed.

Last edited by RacerFreakXXX; 05-03-2010 at 12:24 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:27 PM   #121
RacerFreakXXX
JDM Fred

more bad news, the axle boot is not covered but should only cost me about $100 for parts and labor. Still waiting for the tool truck to come in so we can tap the hub too.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:49 PM   #122
RacerFreakXXX
JDM Fred

More good news, one of my friends got bored today and cleaned my passenger side suspension and installed my springs and struts for free. I'll probably buy him a nice thing of liquor or something.

The car now sits amazing, there is about a 1.5 finger clearance in the rear and about 2.5 finger clearance in the front. I may cut the front bump-stops after the springs settle, but I'll have to wait and see.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:16 PM   #123
detroiter

Awesome, I think you'lll really like the spring/shock combo. I'm running the Tk's, Teins and ur 23mm bar. Next upgrade is some better tires with some rims and that'll be enough for me to call it a day on the Yaris (that's what we all say right lol).

Not sure if your front's sitting higher or not due to not cutting the bumpstops. I don't want to start a bumpstop war. I'd say just do what YOU want, give it some time to settle and go from there. I myself ended up cutting mine as suggested by Tein and havn't had any issues with that subject.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:36 AM   #124
markitect

Drives: Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerFreakXXX View Post
OK?...... thread hijack

again anyone running 205/50/15?
I have 205/50/15s Azenis on stock wheels for autocross. They are a little short (I think 98% of actual speed). If you turn the wheel and brake just right you can get them to rub, but they aren't are problem on the street or tack(but that is stock suspension). Anything else you want to know?
markitect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:35 PM   #125
RacerFreakXXX
JDM Fred

The piece of rope that killed my axle boot:

My New Suspension:

Old 05-06-2010, 09:09 PM   #126
yarrr
Banned

Drives: 07 sedan
ack, don't let the caliper hang like that.
yarrr is offline   Reply With Quote