Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-19-2009, 11:23 PM   #1
stangfish

Drives: 2007 yaris sedan
yaris 2007 stereo install help , dash intagreted

ive got a yaris that has the stereo as part of the dash that goes around the vents , i dont wanna cut it up , anyone know where to the the complete face plate that goes around the vents and accepts a doublt din stereo>
thanks for any help
stangfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 01:11 AM   #2
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
...yeah, a stereo shop.

The search button will also help you in your quest.

This site is a wealth of knowledge. YOU should look through it.

Oh yes, I forgot. Welcome!

...Perhaps it's the automatic gunfire and helicopters over me every flipping day that make me SO cranky! Gotta love this $hit.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:30 AM   #3
stangfish

This piece isn't that eAsy to find. Bestbuy doesn't have
or eBay. And is there really any stereo shops left?
Old 09-20-2009, 09:08 AM   #4
Lafiro

Drives: 06 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to Lafiro
Are you refering to the piece of plastic that goes around the vents, and allows you to make it into a double din openning? Since the stock one is a single din.

Yes easy, go to the parts department of Toyota, and request it, and have about $90 on hand.
Lafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:24 AM   #5
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

...Yes, we have no bananas.

There ARE stereo shops that can help you. I would find it hard te believe that in that entire state there isn't a shop with a dash kit to our vehicle.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:01 PM   #6
stangfish

2007 yaris

I dont want to run all over the state , I posted a simple question on these boards to hopefully find some info so I could order a face plate at a resonable price. why bother to reply if you dont have any info.... if you google "2007 yaris stereo faceplate" guess whats the 1st one ... this one!
Old 09-21-2009, 12:19 AM   #7
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

The information that was given to you was simple, concise, and to the point.

-Look a little farther into this forum.

-Go to a dealership.

-Go to a shop.

Now, if calling around to the shops in your state is too difficult...you deserve to fail. I pray that you're not the type of person that wants everone else to do your work for you. Motivate yourself, pick up the friggin' phone and call a shop. Doing that is WAY better than the gamble of buying something online that may or may not be correct when you get it. Since you're in the googling mood, type in 2007 Toyota Yaris dash kit instead. Faceplate is the wrong wording. That'll give you some options.

Something tells me that you MIGHT have a stereo shop or two in Cincinnati.

'Nuff said? Or do we need to go buy something for you too?
Old 09-21-2009, 08:32 AM   #8
stangfish

when I came to this board I thought I could post a simple little issue and someone with the similar problem would post where they got the part , but looks like its the dealer ive gotta go to. look at the crap I had to go thru to get that out this board. I can see im not welcome here and I will be on my way.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:31 AM   #9
gmodder
Riceman43

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3door
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangfish View Post
when I came to this board I thought I could post a simple little issue and someone with the similar problem would post where they got the part , but looks like its the dealer ive gotta go to. look at the crap I had to go thru to get that out this board. I can see im not welcome here and I will be on my way.
BYE
gmodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:14 PM   #10
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

I come off as a little gruff...especially recently. It may be a little bit of stress from my job perhaps. Semi-auto and machinegun fire EVERY DAY, helicopters buzzing overhead EVERY DAY. It's no wonder I want to bite someone's head off.

It's not that I don't want to help...

You have to understand how many times we've seen someone pop onto the forum and say in essence, "solve my problem for me. I haven't done any research to help myself...but you are more knowlegable...so YOU solve my problem."

No.

The answers are here. YOU pick yourself up, look around, and find the answers. Hell, I can guarantee that I could have found the answer in YOUR area without even getting on this board...Which of course you are more than welcome to be a part of.

Just don't come to us and ask to have us wipe your a$$ before you've even looked at the roll of TP for yourself and figured out how it works.

Ooops! Too graphic? :P

I apologize if I'm wrong here. But really!?!? Open the phone book, find and then go to a local stereo shop, and then they can solve your problem VERY easily. The benefit to this is you can get advice face to face from people who work this every day. This is versus an online retailer who honestly has no vested interest in the success of your project.

Personally, I really enjoy looking at other people's projects. It not only gives me a chance to help them, but it gives me an opportunity to take something I might not have seen and use it for my own. I can't wait until I get back to my beloved Yaris so I can fab possibly THE most exotic A-pillar tweeter housings you peeps have ever seen. I also have to fab up an amp rack that is TOTALLY hidden IN the car without taking ANY trunk or floor space...the drawings are almost complete for that, I just need to mock up with the two amplifiers I'm using. I also have the kicks to fab, the door panels to fab (those are going to be fun), I have to fit 8.5" midbass speakers in the doors. This along with the sub enclosure for two 15" ID woofers in the trunk. Someone say Plexi and glowing etched writing? :D Oh, it'll only take up a small fraction at the front of the trunk too...plenty to use the spare.

Have I asked for help? You're damn right I have. The difference is, that I've actually given some SERIOUS thought to what I'm doing. I already have a plan. The team that assists me is really offering tweaking advice.

Read the signature.

Last edited by sqcomp; 09-21-2009 at 12:24 PM.
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:54 PM   #11
Lafiro

Drives: 06 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to Lafiro
I answered this in post #4, because most cars won't have a faceplate laying around shops, especially newer cars/cars that are not always modified. Hence the Yaris.

This is why I said the dealership and gave you a straight forward answer, like I do for most people.

Some people tend to be annoyed because it is true, most users don't bother to search even when another thread either has the SAME question, with or without the answer somewhere in here, and this happens ALL the time.

But good luck, and learn to take some criticism in a good way next time.
Lafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:48 PM   #12
stangfish

your right , im sorry. got the piece from toyota $90 after taxes , came next day really surprised.... I guess I hated getting bashed being that I used to install 16 years ago. thanks for the help
Old 09-22-2009, 11:35 PM   #13
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

...and you had to ask that question?!

I'm floored.

I don't know what else to say besides, I suppose you're starting over in your experience.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:15 AM   #14
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB M/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmodder View Post
BYE
Not cool. There is enough unpleasantness going on on this forum already. If somebody isn't handling criticism well, then ignore it, please. Lets not scare off new people to our small Yaris world. Thanks!
ozmdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:27 PM   #15
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

If I'm a troll, call me such.

When someone posts such questions that have been answered before (not that he knows that), I answer with search it, it's here.

Another memeber gives him a solution, go to the dealership.

Then he says we're unfriendly?

I say yes. If this person was REALLY an installer as he claims, he would have known the answer OR known where to look without becoming completely clueless as appears to be the case.

All installers should have fittment guides available.

All installers should have the channels to get such pieces.

All installers should have the major dealerships around them in reference.

Now, he failed this, so we gave him options. Go to the dealership...and the search option.

What's the problem with doing that? If you ask me to spoon feed the ignorance, I've got a nice boot for your head. If the memeber says, "I've searched for the answer on this forum and still can't find it, can you help me?" OF COURSE WE CAN! Not a second thought!

My point is that the person needs to do his own work before coming to us to do it for him...or he needs to expect reactions like this.

Tell me if I'm too rough with the newbies. With that being said, I like to cut to the chase rather quickly these days. Life is way too short to coddle someone who can't handle a VERY SIMPLE search like this.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:35 PM   #16
Slick

Drives: '09 3-Dr
Send a message via MSN to Slick
sqcomp... YOUR A F-in TROLL. GD man. No one wants to read five pages of bs on how the said person is a freakin idiot. Seriously, if all you can do is get on and bash retards for being retards dont bother posting. Shit man. We all realize noobs are freakin lazy. But if your post are going to be full of flames, cant you simply just right... DO A SEARCH.... and leave it at that? Explaining why how someone could ever possilbe be lazy is just pointless.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:43 AM   #17
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

...because people are so damned lazy they don't want to read it? No one wants to read on how someone is an idiot? Dude, you just did! Wow! I'm glad you're here to tell me how I'M messed up!? Are you angry that I took your job over? If you're so butthurt, then YOU police these people up.

That being said...Point taken.

"DO A SEARCH!"

...I'm really glad I don't have to deal with people like this out here on a regular basis. They are the types that get people killed because they're lazy AND stupid.