Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2009, 01:02 AM   #1
Blowtorch

Drives: 2009 Yaris, Silver Sedan
Two stupid questions.... very stupid...

My dad, probably old fashioned who believes that something that was vital 100 years ago, is still just as vital today. He urges me to use the emergency break every time I park the car. Ok, so I got into that habit with my old car, and now with the Yaris. While my dad is a pretty bright guy with a lot of things, I'm not sure if cars are his thing. Is there any truth that using the emergency break when parking the car, does any good... nothing at all... or perhaps, maybe even hurt the car?

Second question... I'm not trying to bash my fiance, cause she's also bright on a lot of stuff, but definitely not with cars (Ok, I'm not much either). She went to move my car, which I had in park, so I had the emergency break on. Because she never uses her, she didn't realize I had the break up, and began driving with it up... i didn't have the break up a lot, but she was able to drive, about 20 feet. i got into the car, and I hear the beeping and I'm like "what are you doing, the break is up!" She assumed the beeping was because she didn't have her seat belt on. Drove the car since, and all is fine, but my question, can there be any possible damage from what she did? I'm pretty ticked at her quite, "dumbass move," if you will, and even more pissed off at myself for leaving her with my keys so she could move it if necessary.
Blowtorch is offline   Reply With Quote