Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-02-2006, 08:38 PM   #1
H8SGAS

Drives: Black Liftback
Interior Door Panels

I’m having an issue with the interior of my liftback which I picked up last Friday and I was wondering if any of you have experienced it as well. It seems anytime I touch (yup touch, with the pads of my fingers ) the surface of the light grey paneling near the crank for the window/front speaker it changes color and appears faded and scratched (turns an off white color like when you use your hand to erase chalk from a board.) Smoothing the "fabric" in the opposite direction like one would do with microfiber only makes the white mar worse! I have yet to try any forms of removing the marks other than the "good ole lick the thumb and rub" method which left a lovely larger and wider discoloration so I left the rest alone….…. figured I’d ask before calling the dealer or trying some armor all. As of now I can see everyplace I have touched the door panels.
H8SGAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 09:10 AM   #2
msagowitz

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Yeah I have noticed the same thing...it looks terrible. I tried to armor all the interior, and it ended up looking worse. It just makes it look real unevenly glossy.
msagowitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 10:27 AM   #3
07WYarisRS
HardlyDangerous

Drives: 09 Yaris LE, H/B, auto
Just clean the interior with a damp cloth
dust it with a swiffer cloth

products containing silicone and teflon will fade the plastic over time and then it will look like crap.
07WYarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 10:27 AM   #4
Katana

Drives: Yaris LB 1.3lt 06
Send a message via MSN to Katana Send a message via Yahoo to Katana
Oh yeah it sucks.However, I discovered a special leather made fabric(Wettex) that removes these white spots, when applying water on the panel.

Imagine that mine has black paneling, so it is even worse!
Katana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 07:08 PM   #5
H8SGAS

Drives: Black Liftback
Well mine are black too (as well as the car) I was thinking about the next thing I posted regarding removing the gray A-Pillar....DOH!!! I think I’ll give a damp cloth a shot before asking the dealer, if both fail where did you find the Wettex? Swifter cloth sounds great those things are awesome. If I do wind up inquiring to the dealer I’ll update yall on what they say.
H8SGAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 07:45 PM   #6
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
My guess is they prepped the car with something. Maybe you should check with the dealer if a damp cloth won't clean it off.
Violin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 01:30 AM   #7
Katana

Drives: Yaris LB 1.3lt 06
Send a message via MSN to Katana Send a message via Yahoo to Katana
Quote:
Originally Posted by H8SGAS
Well mine are black too (as well as the car) I was thinking about the next thing I posted regarding removing the gray A-Pillar....DOH!!! I think I’ll give a damp cloth a shot before asking the dealer, if both fail where did you find the Wettex? Swifter cloth sounds great those things are awesome. If I do wind up inquiring to the dealer I’ll update yall on what they say.

Wettex is a kind of cloth that absorbs water and helps u clean the dirty surface.
Katana is offline   Reply With Quote