Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-2013, 06:00 AM   #19
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmscan View Post
I went and got my battery / charging system tested today ... and all was good. So .. I have the new OEM battery in my Yaris since yesterday and all appears to be running good.

He hooked up his machine to the battery and it was displaying 13.94 Volts. This was as the car was running at idle. He said my charging system is just fine, and that if my battery is dead it will have symptoms like I just experienced.

So I am happy that I should get another 5 or so years before I have to replace the battery again.
Glad it was your battery and not the alternator. I was also having the beginning of similar symptoms when I replaced (on 9-26-2012) my second battery after 3 years and 87k+ miles on that second battery and 225k+ on my Yaris (several members have posted that summer heat, to the extent we have here, is beally hard on car batteries). I have read comments from a few high mileage Yarisworld members that their cars felt a bit revitalized after getting a new battery. After what I initially thought might be an issue but wasn't (CTScott wrote that likely my ECM just needed to relearn the fuel trims...and naturally he was right), my car did feel peppier than before the previous battery had developed any symptoms. Alternator failure was discussed on a long ago thread and I remember a few people bringing up something that is unique to 2007 models that was contributing to alternator failures, but I don't remember what the unique to 2007 issue was. I hope your alternator never has any issues and lasts the life of your Yaris .
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote