Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-03-2014, 03:54 AM   #1
JudgeM

Drives: 2005 Toyota Vitz RS
Unhappy Help troubleshooting LED mirror turn signal

Happy new year to all. Hope you had a good start to the New year.

I spent my new year day trying to troubleshoot my LED turn signal on my mirror.
I previously mentioned I had this problem and I thought I may have to open the mirror up and was NOT looking forward to that.

So I took the door card off and saw there are 2 connections for the mirror, one is the motor and the other was for the LED turn signals. I removed the connector and used 12Volts to power the LEDs directly. They lit up.

So the problem is not the LEDs on the mirror. Its the factory wiring.
Can anyone help me trace the connection and give me some advice on how to trouble shoot this ?

I should add that the passenger side one is working fine its just the driver side.

I have attached pictures of the connection. The said connector is shown in the top right. It has green and white/black wire

your help is much appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mirror turnsignal wire connection.jpg (227.0 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg mirror turnsignal wire.jpg (227.6 KB, 72 views)

Last edited by JudgeM; 01-03-2014 at 04:20 AM. Reason: Forgot to upload pictures
JudgeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:16 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
On the vehicle side the white/black wire is the ground. You can check for continuity between that wire and a chassis ground point.

The green wire is the power from the flasher relay. It routes through the junction connector under the kick panel (pictured in your photo from your other thread). On the bottom 22 pin connector it is the brown wire in pin one (the bottom left pin on the connector). Between the mirror connector in the door and that brown wire there are two splices, which is why the green wire becomes brown.

Old 01-04-2014, 12:35 AM   #3
JudgeM

Drives: 2005 Toyota Vitz RS
Red face Problem solved !

Thank goodness it was quite a simple fix.

Turns out the pin on the junction box at the kick panel was pushed in somehow so it was not making contact. I pulled the pin out and plugged everything back in and it worked !!!

Phew. I am glad that was an easy fix. I did not want to have to pull out all the wiring.

On an interesting note, in my other post where I ask help to identify some aftermarket looking wiring is in fact the wiring for these LED turn signal. Funny that !

Thanks for the guidance.

I've put a picture of the pushed in pin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mirror turnsignal jb pin.jpg (127.5 KB, 61 views)
JudgeM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
turn signals, wiring