Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-17-2009, 02:09 AM   #19
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
It wasn't very fast when I saw it at time attack -- I'm sure Jason can do more with it.

What exactly are you purposing it for?
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:18 AM   #20
justjesus

Drives: 2008 Liftback
^Really? I thought it was reasonably quick? But, I'm thinking of the micro car shoot-out in Siphon.

Cool project, though, Jason. Keep us posted.
justjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:59 AM   #21
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

against other micros, it probably was! The day I saw it he had it out against Rado's time attack tC, some beastly Porsche cup car, and several others. It just didn't have the power for the straights at that time, but I'm sure it did fine in the turns.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:31 PM   #22
Jason@SportsCar

Drives: 2015 H Production Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
It wasn't very fast when I saw it at time attack -- I'm sure Jason can do more with it.

What exactly are you purposing it for?
Looking at past lap times from the track days it ran at, it was not fast - our Showroom Stock C Nissan project has put down faster laps at BRP. However, there are a ton of variables, we have no idea the talent level of the driver, and no idea what tires they were on.

Regardless, we are confident it will be quicker when we are done.

We are building the car for SCCA's H Production Club Racing class, with plans of taking the car to the National Championship Runoffs.

The only bad thing is, the National race season in this Division starts in January. At this time we believe we will make the Double National race at PIR, but the car will be largely stock. We only have time to make the required safety updates before that race, all of the go fast stuff will come later in the season.

We also have a number of problems to address... Power steering is not working, and there are some non SCCA class legal mods we have to undo. Development will keep us busy for a good part of the season.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:06 PM   #23
markitect

Drives: Yaris
On a curve friendly course the Yaris is very competitive. I ran mine at Waterford Hills on an open track day and was running within 10 seconds of what our spec neons run during a race. And all it had was a rear sway bar and some azenis 615s.

Also I would forget about the power steering for now, it's shuts off once your going very fast(at least thats the common theory), so once your on the tack you shouldn't have to worry.

Good luck on your build!!!!!!!!
markitect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:22 PM   #24
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
Quote:
Originally Posted by markitect View Post

Also I would forget about the power steering for now, it's shuts off once your going very fast(at least thats the common theory), so once your on the tack you shouldn't have to worry.
ANYONE have a clue as to what he's trying to say? im not understanding the power steering SHUT OFF.....

TOYOTA PARTS AT A DISCOUNT........
ROCKLAND TOYOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:52 PM   #25
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

We have electronic-assisted power steering. The computer controls the power steering, and as you go faster it reduces the assist, until it's completely off at some pre-determined speed.

With that said, I pulled the relay for it (disabling it) and I've never missed it.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:10 PM   #26
minired5stby

Drives: Yaris S liftback
I can't wait to see the engine totally finished, this will be very intresting what kinda numbers you will make compared to Garm.
minired5stby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 06:43 PM   #27
Sabretooth
37HSSV

Drives: '11 Mazdaspeed 3
Send a message via AIM to Sabretooth
Did you happen to score the car with the original Tein SS coilovers? or did they revert it to stock?

If so, you scored big on a 2 of a kind setup, other Yaris in the states was done by a group trying to push 1G on the skidpad with a Sedan, lol.
Sabretooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:46 PM   #28
Jason@SportsCar

Drives: 2015 H Production Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
Did you happen to score the car with the original Tein SS coilovers? or did they revert it to stock?

If so, you scored big on a 2 of a kind setup, other Yaris in the states was done by a group trying to push 1G on the skidpad with a Sedan, lol.
The car has stock shocks on it. Regardless, we already had plans in place to have some custom race shocks made.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:53 PM   #29
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:

did they hit it? that would be sweet.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:16 PM   #30
Sabretooth
37HSSV

Drives: '11 Mazdaspeed 3
Send a message via AIM to Sabretooth
They hit it and broke it, the article is here somewhere...
Sabretooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:36 PM   #31
mojoyaris
Ecurie Snoopy Lives

Drives: Jojo
I heard the guys from A&J Racing who competed against the Tein Yaris said Tein put in alot of $$$ in this car. More money than was needed. The Yaris was still slow with the SC. It couldn't keep up with the AJ racing fit. I think the Yaris at that time was running on 615's on 17 inch rims which were probably too heavy for the setup.

The Fits were running 15's and some of them were turbo'd for the time attacks.
Western Canada Rally Association
Ecurie (Team) Snoopy Canada, racing since 1966
mojoyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:04 AM   #32
Loren
What?

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Quote:
They hit it and broke it, the article is here somewhere...
How hard is it to get 1G? I've done .98 average (two laps each direction) in my Yaris on Dunlop Star Specs with minimal suspension tuning. A set of the latest generation top dog street tires (Toyo R1R, Kumho XS, etc) can easily exceed 1G, probably even on stock suspension.

Put a set of race tires on and you can run 1.2 G all day long.

(sorry for the threadjack...)

----------------------- Loren@InvisibleSun.org -----------------------
Loren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:50 AM   #33
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoyaris View Post
I heard the guys from A&J Racing who competed against the Tein Yaris said Tein put in alot of $$$ in this car. More money than was needed. The Yaris was still slow with the SC. It couldn't keep up with the AJ racing fit. I think the Yaris at that time was running on 615's on 17 inch rims which were probably too heavy for the setup.

The Fits were running 15's and some of them were turbo'd for the time attacks.
HMMMM, i thought i remember the TEIN yaris was N/A when it was featured in SIPHON and its time was only off a bit from the fit's that just so happened to not be able to make it.Also wasn't those fit's k20 powered also? it was so long ago but i don't even think i saw performance numbers for this car........

Old 12-18-2009, 07:51 AM   #34
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
We have electronic-assisted power steering. The computer controls the power steering, and as you go faster it reduces the assist, until it's completely off at some pre-determined speed.

With that said, I pulled the relay for it (disabling it) and I've never missed it.
so pulling fuse keeps the power steering on electric assist all the time now for you? if so do tell which fuse was pulled as its 17 degrees here this morning and im not about to go exploring.

Old 12-18-2009, 06:56 PM   #35
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

^ no, pulling the relay disables the power steering system completely. I'll take a pic next chance I get.

There was another thread about this and someone did post a pic of which relay it is.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:27 PM   #36
NonStopTuning

Drives: NST CARS: S13 AE86 ANT10 AW11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@SportsCar View Post

So it took a few days of playing musical cars and trailers... Should be fun.

This looks like it'll be a great project car. I'm looking forward to seeing it out on track in 2010.

Good luck with the project Jason! Everyone at NST is rooting for ya!!!

NonStopTuning is offline   Reply With Quote