Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-13-2007, 10:53 PM   #1
magoo_lc1

Drives: honda civic hatch
The Yaris community

If any of you have read any of my post you know im kind of in the market for a car and the yaris is one along with the honda si ep3 not the fg model and a cooper s. The cooper is faster then all but has some reliablity issues. Im probaly going to end up with a yaris just for the community alone. I like this sight out of all 30+ i go to this is one of my faves. There is to much drama on most sites. I figured i have my honda hatch that is getting a n/a built gsr motor and at only 1700lbs and a estimated 200-210 whp i will have the fast car covered. Plus i like quirky hatches. Just wanted to say this is a good sight and most of everybody seems like real good people.

The influence of peers on individual behavior illustrates the seductive power of conformity

And, I don't mind at all being looked down upon by purists. Indeed I don't mind at all being looked down upon by those whom I do not look up to at
magoo_lc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 11:01 PM   #2
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Hahahah welcome to our dysfunctional Yaris family

Its true, it is a great forum with not tooooo much drama, and the car itself is indeed quirky, and open to a lot of stuff

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 11:24 PM   #3
static808
Engineer/Artist/House-Dad

Drives: 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE
hahaha, indeed a quirky car for a quirky community. i belong to yarisworld and siennaclub, and i must say that the average age for the people that buy those two vehicles definitely SHOWS in the types of threads posted up. i enjoy the elevated talk and engineering tidbits of those folks at siennaclub, and they are truly a collection of intelligent and informative people. some of them have completely overhauled the mechanicals and electrical systems of their vans and i'm impressed by their sheer effort and know-how. but yarisworld is full of fun people who post up ridiculous threads, both fun AND informative.

i must say that your list of possible cars is great. one thing to warn you about: everyone i know who has test driven a cooper s eventually bought one. and everyone i know that owns a cooper, swears it is the greatest handling factory stock car you'll get behind the wheel of... hope that info helps out a bit!

--B
Old 02-13-2007, 11:43 PM   #4
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
This board is definitely more lifestyle oriented (and therefore less "performance" oriented) than most.

I would have it no other way. Asshole gearheads that want to show everyone how big their tuning testicles are usually get bored very fast on Yarisworld, and thank goodness! They fair better on Honda forums.

We get all the nice tuners.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 01:35 AM   #5
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
We get all the rice tuners.
yeah...

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 06:55 AM   #6
vodkalush
I drive a yarrrris

Drives: 07 Sedan Polar White
Send a message via AIM to vodkalush
no no, we get the functional modders...

Docotrs say all the drikning has mesesd up my seplilng and radieng

will work for parts
vodkalush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 08:42 AM   #7
sam07yaris

Drives: 07 yaris sedan (silver) STICK
hey wtf im just the headlight guy here not a tuner lol
Old 02-14-2007, 10:58 AM   #8
Nutzoids

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
I'm just here for Comedic relief...

And crude language

Nutzoids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 02:33 PM   #9
magoo_lc1

Drives: honda civic hatch
[

i must say that your list of possible cars is great. one thing to warn you about: everyone i know who has test driven a cooper s eventually bought one. and everyone i know that owns a cooper, swears it is the greatest handling factory stock car you'll get behind the wheel of... hope that info helps out a bit!

--B[/QUOTE]

I have driven a cooper and you are right the handle fantastic. If it was not for theft issues i would by a low mileage integra type r and have fun with the coopers . I think it would be alot more fun to make the yaris handle well then to take the coopers and spend alot of money on making it handle just a little bit better. The honda is getting 24 way adjustable coilovers by a company called function form. They make very nice suspension. I like the yaris because my wife said it looks like a rabbit laying down with its ears laying down...lol. I dont want to drive the mini as a dd anyway so that took it out of the running.

The influence of peers on individual behavior illustrates the seductive power of conformity

And, I don't mind at all being looked down upon by purists. Indeed I don't mind at all being looked down upon by those whom I do not look up to at
magoo_lc1 is offline   Reply With Quote