Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-31-2006, 08:05 PM   #1
YotaYarisUSA

Drives: Yaris Sedan,Pacific Blue
Yaris Beeping?

Hey, guys I finally got my Yaris Yesterday :) It's a pacfic blue sedan and I love it :) But, I I have a question, about the car. Today, when I was driving home from work,all of a sudden it started beeping? No lights came on or anything, my selt belts on etc,this is while I"m driving. The only thing I think of is that maybe,the fuel bar beeps when it goes down? I saw that it had went down a bar,does it normaly beep when it does that? First I thought it was the cd player,bc I was playing a cd and it went to song 2, I was like maybe it beeps after each song?

Anywho its kinda scary, is something wrong with my new Yaris? Is the beeping normal?

Thanks,

YotaYarisUSA
YotaYarisUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 08:59 PM   #2
bigsky2
Cousin Vitz

Drives: Yaris RS 5DR / Vitz RS wannabe
This doesn't sound normal by your description.

Any of the following apply ?

- Were all your doors closed?
- Was the trunk/hatch securely closed?
- Any lights go on during the beeping, such as ABS or Airbag?
Old 05-31-2006, 09:11 PM   #3
YotaYarisUSA

All of the doors, etc were closed and shut all the way. No lights came on at all that I could see,and I don't have abs.

I don't know what happen maybe I did something and I didn't realize it? I will see what happens when I drive again in the mourning, if it were a major problem you would think a light would stay on? It just started beeping like it does when you don't have your seltbelt on,then it stopped.

Thanks for your advice,

YotaYarisUSA
Old 05-31-2006, 09:28 PM   #4
YotaYarisUSA

I just went out and checked my car,everything seems to be ok. The only light that comes on is the cool light,but it always comes on,then it goes off when the engine warms up.

We did have a lot of rain and some heavy down pours, perhaps some water got in the sealing and maybe it tricked the yaris into thinking it was not shut?

I don't,I will see what happens tommorrow I suppose :)

YotaYarisUSA
Old 05-31-2006, 10:37 PM   #5
El Jefe

Drives: 07 yaris s sedan
did you have anything in the passenger seat? like a heavy backpack or something? you might have been tripping the OCS sensor (passenger detection) and it beeps when someone is sitting in the seat without their belt on just like the drivers
El Jefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 10:53 PM   #6
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Did the beeping go on non-stop or did you just hear it for a few seconds? The fuel gauge won't beep. I think EI Jefe has it right but don't know for sure. Please see if it beeps again when you drive again. If you do not hear it, there is a remote possibility that the beeping sound was part of the music that your stereo played. Play the same section again to find out. Just guessing anyway. But if one of your respondents guesses it right, it helps.
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 08:20 PM   #7
YotaYarisUSA

I fill stupid now,it was the passenger seat thing! I put my cell phone on the seat and pressed down on it slighty and it made the beep go off ,its pretty picky,but thats ok I I know what it is and my car is not messed up. Just buckley up seatbelts and be careful what you put in your seats and your Yaris will be happy

Thanks 4 the repleys guys :)

YotaYarisUSA
Old 06-01-2006, 08:24 PM   #8
foober

Drives: two yaris liftbacks
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaYarisUSA
I fill stupid now,it was the passenger seat thing! I put my cell phone on the seat and pressed down on it slighty and it made the beep go off ,its pretty picky,but thats ok I I know what it is and my car is not messed up. Just buckley up seatbelts and be careful what you put in your seats and your Yaris will be happy

Thanks 4 the repleys guys :)

YotaYarisUSA
Its actually kind of funny to have someone sit in the passenger seat and have them not buckle up thus having the beeper go off. I did that last weekend. I told the passenger that she was too heavy and thats why the beeper went off.
foober is offline   Reply With Quote