Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-18-2018, 07:59 PM   #1
rcvmini

Drives: 2009 Yaris HB
New Yaris Sedan - key fob question & Back!!! in the club!

Hello all my fellow yaris drivers! Happy day today as we just bought a used 2011 Yaris Sedan.

We had a 2009 HB but sold it when we moved a few years ago.

Recently we needed to get a 2nd car and wanted something used. Searched different car/models but it came back to the Yaris for many reasons.

Finally found a 2011 Sedan (wanted hatchback but couldn't give this one up) with only 49,750 KM (not miles) in almost mint condition. It was a grandma special (owned by in old lady in a small town who hardly drove it) The interior looks AND SMELLS like new still!!!

Ok so anyways it came with power locks but the keyfobs didn't work. "no problem" I thought and off I went to the internet to try the fob programming trick but it didn't work.

I can get the car to cycle into programming mode but I can't seem to add the FOBs.

The FOBs I got are the separate ones that are not apart of the key. The previous HB I had came with only 1 key but integrated job into the key handle.

I am wondering do I have the wrong fobs??? anyway to check?

I am going to buy another key anyways and use a programming tool to code the transponder to t he car.

Once again any help from the users of this form is greatly greatly appreciated!
rcvmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 08:03 PM   #2
rcvmini

here is the method I used

Driver’s door open, key removed from ignition switch.
Within 5 seconds:
Insert and remove the key from the ignition switch twice.
Within 40 seconds:
Close and open driver’s door twice.
Insert and remove the key from the ignition switch.
Within 40 seconds:
Close and open driver’s door twice.
Insert the key into the ignition switch and close the driver’s door.
Switch ignition ON and OFF once to program a remote transmitter code whilst retaining the original codes or twice to program a remote transmitter code whilst erasing the original codes.
Remove key from ignition switch:
System should now lock and unlock vehicle once, twice or five times depending which mode has been selected. One to four times, slowly, to indicate number of remote transmitters registered.
Within 40 seconds:
Press and hold LOCK and UNLOCK remote buttons simultaneously for 1.5 seconds
Within 3 seconds:
Press LOCK button. (************* this is how far I got but it NEVER locks and unlocks***** )

System should now lock and unlock vehicle once to confirm registration, twice to indicate registration has failed.
Within 40 seconds:
Repeat button procedure to program remaining remote transmitters.
NOTE: To exit programming mode: Open driver’s door. NOTE: A maximum of 4 remote transmitters can be programmed.
Old 09-19-2018, 03:11 AM   #3
kevinj93

Drives: 2013 NCP130
On a previous Toyota I had with separate fobs, the battery came loose from the board in one. These were a sealed unit, which had to be cut open. Once I replaced the battery the fob worked again, and I was able to glue the case back together.

Are they Toyota branded fobs? Possibly an aftermarket alarm or central locking system...
Old 09-19-2018, 05:39 AM   #4
rcvmini

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinj93 View Post
On a previous Toyota I had with separate fobs, the battery came loose from the board in one. These were a sealed unit, which had to be cut open. Once I replaced the battery the fob worked again, and I was able to glue the case back together.

Are they Toyota branded fobs? Possibly an aftermarket alarm or central locking system...
They are Toyota branded fobs and I can open them. First thing I did was check the battery both have power.

Tags
key fob