Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-18-2016, 02:24 AM   #1
MoneyT8

Drives: White Yaris Sedan
What are some good backup cameras?

Hello, I'm in search of a backup camera for my 2007 Yaris Sedan and was wondering if you guys could recommend any? I'm looking at a rearview mirror kind or one with a screen to place on dash. I've checked out a couple so far. I'm leaning toward the rearview mirror because it won't get in the way. I'm not looking to spend too much maybe under $100 for the whole setup. Also if you guys could post some photos of your setup than it would be great.

BOSS AUDIO BV430RVM
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

TEC.BEAN
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...A1DVCIXIAWNITP

Thanks in advance.
MoneyT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 01:24 PM   #2
kevinj93

Drives: 2013 NCP130
I have series 3 hatch, so the camera for mine is rather different.

I have a 4.3 inch mirror screen that clips over the original mirror. Had a 7 inch one but it vibrated too much to use as a normal mirror when driving. the 4.3 inch one is a lot better in that regard, but it can be hard to see the camera picture in it during the daytime.

I have a new touch screen stereo sitting under the Christmas tree which has a reversing camera input,so will be removing the mirror screen next week.
Old 12-18-2016, 11:56 PM   #3
MoneyT8

Drives: White Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinj93 View Post
I have series 3 hatch, so the camera for mine is rather different.

I have a 4.3 inch mirror screen that clips over the original mirror. Had a 7 inch one but it vibrated too much to use as a normal mirror when driving. the 4.3 inch one is a lot better in that regard, but it can be hard to see the camera picture in it during the daytime.

I have a new touch screen stereo sitting under the Christmas tree which has a reversing camera input,so will be removing the mirror screen next week.
I didn't know they made 7 inch rearview mirror screens but the 4.3 inch seems like a better fit. I think the rearview mirrors are difficult to see in direct sunlight and that is a common problem. Would you say that was a deal breaker for you?

I wanted to go the touch screen stereo route but that was too pricey for me. It's convenient because it sits right in the dash and it's a 2 for 1 a stereo and a backup cam display.

Thanks for replying!!!
MoneyT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 01:26 AM   #4
kevinj93

Drives: 2013 NCP130
My previous car had a dealer fitted rear view mirror/screen that worked quite well. It also auto dimmed the mirror surface at night, but this type of mirror seems to be quite expensive here in Australia. The cost for the auto dimming mirror with display screen made the radio option viable pricewise.

Last edited by kevinj93; 12-26-2016 at 03:15 PM.
kevinj93 is offline   Reply With Quote