Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-15-2017, 02:38 PM   #1
voscreature

Drives: 2010 Urban Cruiser
Power steering, radio and instrument lights went out

Hi,

I suddenly lost the electrical power steering, radio and instrument lights on a 2010 Urban Cruiser (all three went out simultaneously). Since the Urban Cruiser is an odd-ball here in my country (Sweden), I take the opportunity to post this here, since I get the impression that the Yaris and Urban Cruiser is very similar in the design.

I will start more thorough troubleshooting tomorrow, but I have searched and read lots of cases with similar symptoms, but without any real conclusions about what the problems really has been. IG1 relay, harness issues, ground issues etc etc. are of course mentioned. The cars seems to run perfect except for the loss of PS, Radio and instrument cluster lights.

If someone has any good leads, tips, wiring diagrams etc. that could be of help, I would greatly appreciate this.

Thanks,

Martin
Sweden
voscreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 01:31 PM   #2
voscreature

Drives: 2010 Urban Cruiser
Problem solved. This car has start/stop feature and are as such equipped with a boost voltage converter that feeds radio, combination meter and EPS control unit. The boost converter was defective, once replaced all is back to normal. 30minutes work. $50 at junk yard. Case closed.
voscreature is offline   Reply With Quote