Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2014, 04:27 PM   #1
ecoterror

Drives: 08 yaris
Its september, time to get ready for the cold

So, here in ohio its 50 degrees and halfway through september, this being my second year owning my yaris id like to start on some more long term cold weather mods. My car being stripped as much as I can visually do(dont want it looking like a tin can) and my underbody shields, I never get stuck. I'm more concerned this year with keeping my milage up with the winter gas, and getting the car warmed up faster.
Anybody here have any quick tips for the winter months, I'm thinking about making a lower grill block for areo out of plexiglass, and to keep the wind off the radiator during warm up. I'm also switching over to michelin energy savers mid october once my god awful OE bridgestone turanzas reach their wear marks.

I cant use engine block heaters this year as I moved out of my old rental house and my new apartment complex doesnt have outside power hookups.
ecoterror is offline   Reply With Quote