Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-13-2018, 07:40 AM   #19
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.flores.0928 View Post
Here's some more pics of how it bolts up for those who may not have seen it before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow I miss having a clean sway bar like this lol
Road debris hit the exposed portion of the bar. Not sure how mine looks now, but the bolted part has started rusting years ago, so did the sharp edges.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 03-13-2018, 11:06 AM   #20
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
I've gone back and forth on this mod. Those that put their Yaris' to the test in real deal race environments claim that a good set of coilovers is all you need with this car. Those that drive on the street say it makes a yuge improvement. I tend to lean towards the guys who are beating these cars up on the track but I recognize that they're two different environments, so results may vary.
I'll be posting my review about this once I drive around a bit on my coil overs (currently being made). I'd personally rather run no sway bar and proper suspension rates as the rear h beam is technically meant to be a semi independent system. The sway bar reduces this.

In a dd'r situation on stock or softer lowering springs this really is only a bonus to control the wander. However, on a track and higher spring rates it likely becomes a moot piece of metal.

I'll try and be as objective as possible when I compare both set ups to give some of you guys an idea of how the handling differs
Old 03-22-2018, 06:40 AM   #21
SECProto

Drives: 2012 Yaris LE
Thanks for the super clear photos of the install! will be super helpful if i (or others) decide to do this. Which brings me to a couple quick questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.flores.0928 View Post
Massive difference. Night and day. It doesn't feel floaty, it doesn't roll hardly at all and the front end doesn't push nearly as much as it used to. I even noticed in a parking lot as I intentionally went over an aggressive speed bump at an angle at like 7mph.
I'm not much of a performance guy, so i was curious about this - does it actually change the driving performance in any way (increase/decrease traction, for example)? or is it just for the feeling to the occupant (softer/harder bumps, car leaning more/less on corners)? i've never really had an issue with the feel of the ride in my '12 and i don't know anyone who has one with this mod that i could try.
SECProto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 01:39 PM   #22
m.flores.0928

Drives: 2014 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECProto View Post
Thanks for the super clear photos of the install! will be super helpful if i (or others) decide to do this. Which brings me to a couple quick questions...

I'm not much of a performance guy, so i was curious about this - does it actually change the driving performance in any way (increase/decrease traction, for example)? or is it just for the feeling to the occupant (softer/harder bumps, car leaning more/less on corners)? i've never really had an issue with the feel of the ride in my '12 and i don't know anyone who has one with this mod that i could try.

Sorry for the delay on responses, I've been super busy.

The sway bar increases oversteer and keeps the car more flat in the corners. Less front end push, less body roll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
m.flores.0928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 03:40 PM   #23
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Drives: 2015 Yaris LE 3door 1F7
i have the Swaybar on my 3gen
DarkShadowFox is offline   Reply With Quote