Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Southwest
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-20-2009, 02:21 PM   #55
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

Drives: '09 Yaris
DFW Meet - Short Notice

People in DFW, here's your chance...

Quote:
It's going to be a nice weekend here in the Dallas/Ft. Worth Area, mid 70's and sunny until the beginning of next week when we're supposed to get a free car wash thanks to the man upstairs.

I know this is short notice but I'd like to propose a Meet this Saturday - read: tomorrow, 3/21/2009 - at Keller's Burgers (Keller's Drive-In) in Dallas. It's a 50's style drive-in and you can Google it - "Keller's Burgers Dallas" - and get maps to it. The address is:

Keller's Drive-In
6537 E Northwest Hwy
Dallas, TX 75231

It's on Northwest Hwy between Hwy 75 and White Rock Lake.

If you want to read some reviews on Keller's, here's a link to the dallas.citysearch website for it: http://dallas.citysearch.com/profile...ileTab-reviews

I'm going to be there around 7pm and I'll try to park as close to the street as I can. It's a pretty popular place to hang out and the word on the street is that they have some good food. It's a burger joint so don't expect to wine and dine unless you hit the 7-11 at the corner first.

I was at Keller's for a bit last night and there was a pretty good crowd. There were a couple of bike groups there and a tuner group and a couple of old cars mixed in with the rest of the folks.

Anyway, people seem to want a Meet in the DFW area and also in Texas so we have to get started somewhere. Maybe we can work this out to a monthly thing.

If anyone is interested in a South Texas Meet, i.e. Houston, San San Antonio, Austin or even New Braunfels or Gruene (isn't this pronounced as Green?), I'd be happy to come down for a Saturday or Sunday.

And don't worry, if nobody shows up it won't hurt my feelings. There's plenty of glow kits, chrome rims and street bikes for me to ogle while I'm eating there.

Drive safe,

S.R.

SaerinRhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:44 PM   #56
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Drives: 08 Liftback
I'll be down for that hope I don't get called into work!
lilredrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 07:38 PM   #57
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

Great to hear Lilred. That makes 3 people, hopefully, and everyone that wants to stop by is welcome.

I'm planning on being there for a couple of hours, until 9:30pm or 10pm or so. It all depends on how much trouble I can cause.

Old 03-21-2009, 11:58 PM   #58
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

Dallas Yaris Meet - 3/21/2009

Well, it was a good night for a meet here in Dallas. It was comfortably cool, there was a light breeze and Keller's Drive-In was hoping. There was a classic car meet at the back of the parking lot with probably 20-30 cars there for show. There was a bike meet on the west side of the lot with probably the same number of bikes and I lost count of how many mini-vans and crew cab 4x4's were there.

And the Yaris meet? Yup, it went as planned and there was an excellent turn out. I got to Keller's at about 8:05pm and was quickly joined by myself and I. The rest of the voices inside my head were all on a business trip with the executives from AIG so that left little ol' me as the sole representative of YarisWorld. :)

I got a few pictures of the meet. Nothing fancy as it was pretty dark for my camera to get decent shots with but I tried and I'll post them up tomorrow afternoon.

I was there for about an hour and a half and left just before 9:30pm. Dinner consisted of a cheeseburger, fries, dr. pepper and a strawberry milkshake served up by a very cute carhop. My car did suffer a little from the rejection of being the only Yaris on site and I came home with a couple of scratches through the clearcoat and paint to bare metal so I'll have to get those fixed up as soon as I can. It's supposed to rain here Sunday - Tuesday so it may have to wait until a dry day.

Other than that it was a decent evening even if it was a little lonely up there.

Next time will be better though, it will be better planned and I'm hopeful that more folks will show up for it.

Drive safe,

S.R.

Old 03-22-2009, 06:36 PM   #59
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

Pictures from DFW Meet on 3-21-2009

Ok, here's a few pictures that I took out at Keller's Drive-In last night. I don't have a good digital camera so these are going to be dark and probably a little fuzzy but hopefully it will give you all some idea. :)

Also, let me apologize for the big images, I don't know how to resize them so maybe one of the OP's or Admin's can help me out on that.

First picture is taken from across the street. I tried to get a good view of the street-front and all the cars but, even with the flash on, it's a dark picture.

Second picture is the best strawberry milkshake I've had in a long, long time. Yum!

Third picture is the carhop shack where all the business happens and you can just see the tail of an Infinity FX35 SUV in the frame. There was a huge range of cars and motorcycles there. They have the prices shown on a couple of huge signs on the front of the building and on the side. If you want service or need something from the carhop, you turn on your blinkers to get their attention. It's a nice place, lots of friendly people and lots of nice cars to look at.

Fourth picture is my baby, a 2009 3-door liftback, black sand pearl, all stock. The only mods so far are tinted windows (35% front/20% back) and blue interior lights in the footwells and center console.

The next 3 pictures are taken from the back of the parking lot. It's probably a bit less than 100 yards deep and in the back is where they had the old car show. They had everything from rust buckets and hot rods to show cars and street cars.

The last 2 shots are just daytime pics of my car that I took a couple of days ago. Nothing special.

It was a good night and a guy asked me if I'd come to show my car when he pulled in beside me and put in an order for food. I thought that was cool. I've never had anyone ask me that and it felt good that at least 1 other person there thought it was a nice car.

Anyway, I hope the next one can have more representation and I'll definitely give more warning next time.

Hope you all have a good week,

S.R.
Attached Images

Old 03-23-2009, 08:38 PM   #60
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Sorry about being lonely there. My gf took really long getting ready plus she had to do her daughters and her daughters friends hair. So by the time we got there you would have left. Maybe next time. I have every other weekend off hope it on the next on off.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:07 PM   #61
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

That's cool lilredrocket. There was plenty of glitz and glamor there not to mention the strawberry milkshake :)

We'll try for another weekend in a couple of weeks and see how that works out.

Drive safe everyone,

S.R.

Old 03-24-2009, 12:32 AM   #62
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Ok there are acouple of others on here taht do some auto-x racing ill see if they want to go next time