Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-08-2017, 08:25 AM   #1
bentjazz

Drives: 2009 Yaris--3dr MT
Headlight replacement

After a little over 6 years, my first headlight went out the other day. I thought it was going to be a piece of cake changing it. Yeah, right. Forget just popping the hood and swapping out the new for the old headlight. Was I in for a treat. What a monumental pain in the ass, and I would have never figured it out if it wasn't for YouTube tutorials. Since I'm such a remedial when it comes to DIY stuff, it took me longer than I care to say. But I got her done. Next time it won't take me nearly so long, since I now know what to do. But for such a great reliable car the Yaris is, seems like the engineers could have made it a little easier on us to change these lights. But then again, it is a subcompact and there isn't a lot of room in the front engine compartment. Here's to hoping that I won't have to change another headlight for a long while.....
bentjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 10:34 AM   #2
dogsridewith

Drives: 2007 2-door hatchback
Yaris front parking/running lamp replacement

Two little bayonet bulbs for parking/running lamps on each side of front take a bit of disassembly first...different for each of the four, of course.
dogsridewith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 02:33 PM   #3
mimelio

Drives: NOTHING
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPpXkBBfYEU
mimelio is offline   Reply With Quote