Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 10-13-2006, 07:36 AM   #19
slvryaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
Well there is another vendor on here selling lowering springs $40 cheaper then what bulletproof is selling them for and thats before you PM them and get them cheaper. Either someone has a bigger markup or someone is getting them cheaper. Thats a business....
slvryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 01:13 PM   #20
BulletProofAuto

Drives: 00 itr
Quote:
Originally Posted by slvryaris
Well there is another vendor on here selling lowering springs $40 cheaper then what bulletproof is selling them for and thats before you PM them and get them cheaper. Either someone has a bigger markup or someone is getting them cheaper. Thats a business....
if you're referring to tanabe springs, as a tanabe direct dealer we are not allowed to post advertised prices of less then 5% off msrp. we are following the rules, that's all. this is where our price match policy helps us be competitive.

as for evoyaris.
you wanted us to price match a shop in japan, here is their about us message.

"XXX has been operating from Japan since April 2000. Originally from Austraila we have been living in Japan for 15 years. During that time we have established exclusive relationships with many domestic suppliers.

On our site is only a small amount of what we really sell. If you are really serious about buying the cheapest performance parts on the market then we will do our up most to help you. If you have a cheaper price from somewhere else then challenge us with it and we will better it.

We have direct contact with most of the performance parts companies here in Japan Due to the fact that we are buying in bulk we can offer the lowest prices on the market."

And you never asked us to price match the other companies, i am aware of those companies....guess who many of them buy their parts from? there is even a distributor for monster sport in the usa, guess who ships the products for them? as a huge wholesaler of aftermarket parts with a retail website, we have to keep our retail prices at a standard list price so that we don't end up competing with the very people who we sell to. 85% of our sales are wholesale to our shops.

i'm through with this, you hijacked a thread that had good potential for yaris parts and turned it into a personal issue between you and us because we wouldn't price match a vendor from another country. we would have price matched any of the other vendors you listed no problem. for someone who works for a shop in az, i would have expected better understanding of how these things work and our position in the industry.

Last edited by BulletProofAuto; 10-13-2006 at 02:01 PM.
BulletProofAuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 01:58 PM   #21
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 03:34 PM   #22
evoyaris

Drives: 2004 Evo VIII & 2007 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by john@bp
if you're referring to tanabe springs, as a tanabe direct dealer we are not allowed to post advertised prices of less then 5% off msrp. we are following the rules, that's all. this is where our price match policy helps us be competitive.

as for evoyaris.
you wanted us to price match a shop in japan, here is their about us message.

"XXX has been operating from Japan since April 2000. Originally from Austraila we have been living in Japan for 15 years. During that time we have established exclusive relationships with many domestic suppliers.

On our site is only a small amount of what we really sell. If you are really serious about buying the cheapest performance parts on the market then we will do our up most to help you. If you have a cheaper price from somewhere else then challenge us with it and we will better it.

We have direct contact with most of the performance parts companies here in Japan Due to the fact that we are buying in bulk we can offer the lowest prices on the market."

And you never asked us to price match the other companies, i am aware of those companies....guess who many of them buy their parts from? there is even a distributor for monster sport in the usa, guess who ships the products for them? as a huge wholesaler of aftermarket parts with a retail website, we have to keep our retail prices at a standard list price so that we don't end up competing with the very people who we sell to. 85% of our sales are wholesale to our shops.

i'm through with this, you hijacked a thread that had good potential for yaris parts and turned it into a personal issue between you and us because we wouldn't price match a vendor from another country. we would have price matched any of the other vendors you listed no problem. for someone who works for a shop in az, i would have expected better understanding of how these things work and our position in the industry.
wait???? i thought u guys shiped all your products directly from japan
y would u guys buy from tanabe usa????
oh and looking into the matter closely, i visited the tanabe-usa website and found that bulletproof was not posted as one of their dealers
check it out for yourselves
http://tanabe-usa.com/dealers.asp?state=CA
...i think this is self explanatory

oh, and if u guys really ship a container every 2 weeks,
then y did u guys tell me it would take 5 months to get me a certain JDM product
i understand the manufacturer takes time to make the product but 5 months????
evoyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 03:54 PM   #23
BulletProofAuto

Drives: 00 itr
Quote:
Originally Posted by evoyaris
wait???? i thought u guys shiped all your products directly from japan
y would u guys buy from tanabe usa????
oh and looking into the matter closely, i visited the tanabe-usa website and found that bulletproof was not posted as one of their dealers
check it out for yourselves
http://tanabe-usa.com/dealers.asp?state=CA
...i think this is self explanatory

oh, and if u guys really ship a container every 2 weeks,
then y did u guys tell me it would take 5 months to get me a certain JDM product
i understand the manufacturer takes time to make the product but 5 months????
you really don't understand what's going on here do you?
why would we buy tanabe from japan if there is a US office? besides we've never stated to get all of our products from japan, we would receive cease and desist orders from the US companies that represent them. and i can't help it that tanabe doesn't have us on their website dealer listings, i don't run their website. but to clear that up, look at this link and scroll down to the bottom.
http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7155

and as for wait time, how do we control how long production is. since you won't elaborate on the part you're referring to I can't help you at all. but from time the product reaches our warehouse in japan, it takes 4-7 weeks on average for it to show up in our us warehouse.
~1 week for japan customs
~2 weeks on the water
~1 week for us customs
~3 days for delivery and inventory

normal wait time on parts from Japan is 8-12 weeks, as you can see 4-7 of those weeks the product is in transit or awaiting transit. on average though for a roll cage for example, it can take upwards of 4 months just for production. high end carbon parts from a company like varis, 2-3 months for production. if you have an issue with these production times, i recommend you take it up with the manufacturer in japan.

first i was just annoyed by you, now i'm starting to get upset. you have yet to do nothing but force me to waste my time typing on here and ruining your own credibility. i can do this all day but i don't see anyone gaining anything out of it. for your own sake, leave this topic alone.
BulletProofAuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 11:01 PM   #24
evoyaris

Drives: 2004 Evo VIII & 2007 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by john@bp
you really don't understand what's going on here do you?
why would we buy tanabe from japan if there is a US office? besides we've never stated to get all of our products from japan, we would receive cease and desist orders from the US companies that represent them. and i can't help it that tanabe doesn't have us on their website dealer listings, i don't run their website. but to clear that up, look at this link and scroll down to the bottom.
http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7155

and as for wait time, how do we control how long production is. since you won't elaborate on the part you're referring to I can't help you at all. but from time the product reaches our warehouse in japan, it takes 4-7 weeks on average for it to show up in our us warehouse.
~1 week for japan customs
~2 weeks on the water
~1 week for us customs
~3 days for delivery and inventory

normal wait time on parts from Japan is 8-12 weeks, as you can see 4-7 of those weeks the product is in transit or awaiting transit. on average though for a roll cage for example, it can take upwards of 4 months just for production. high end carbon parts from a company like varis, 2-3 months for production. if you have an issue with these production times, i recommend you take it up with the manufacturer in japan.

first i was just annoyed by you, now i'm starting to get upset. you have yet to do nothing but force me to waste my time typing on here and ruining your own credibility. i can do this all day but i don't see anyone gaining anything out of it. for your own sake, leave this topic alone.
sorry, i took so long to respond... i dont work on the weekend
anyways, that link proves nothing...
i called tanabe and they gave me pricing and availability
in that case, im a us tanabe dealer too

fine you win
you are "The Real JDM"
evoyaris is offline   Reply With Quote