Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2016, 11:06 AM   #1
MedMantle

Drives: Yaris '05 1.3 Hatch "R.I.P."
OEM Power Locks wiring in Base Model

Previously I had installed the OEM Electric Windows and wired them myself. I just got OEM Power Locks and they obviously need to be powered as well. Can anyone give me an idea how the system has to be powered to work? Using the OEM harness I see that all the passenger doors door locks are powered by a pink and grey wire. The driver side harness has a few more I think. I also have the OEM switch on the door.

If the system is similar to the Electric Windows then all the passenger doors wires will be linked together so there would only be 2 wires from them, 2 from the driver lock, 2 from the actual switch and 12v and Ground.

I'll have a look at it again tomorrow or so.

If I figure it out I just have one question, do I have to use a relay to power the locks or must they get permanent power? I'm just wondering because if I unlock my driver door with my key it should open all the doors right? In that case I can't use switched power because my key is obviously not in the ignition yet?

Thanks! :)
MedMantle is offline   Reply With Quote