Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-06-2007, 11:43 PM   #1
bestyaris

Drives: Polar White 4 Dr
Base model without Power Door Lock

i want to add keyless entry for my base model..

is it possible?? what parts are needed ??

thanks..
bestyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 12:03 AM   #2
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestyaris View Post
i want to add keyless entry for my base model..

is it possible?? what parts are needed ??

thanks..

it's possible. you can have a shop do it, just stay away from Autohaus. i've had six problems with my package...
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 01:01 AM   #3
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
If you have not yet taken delivery of the car, you may want to find out from the relevant Toyota dealership if they want to do the job for you (or arrange for it to be done by their contractors). By letting the dealership handle it, you can be sure that there is no compatibility issues. The price may be higher than doing it yourself or buying from elsewhere but the dealership may give you something very similar to, if not exactly, Toyota factory warranty. I mean when there is a problem, you can go back to the dealership instead of any place else to get it fixed.
Whether it is worth the extra money depends on how important peace of mind is to you. If you are the DIY type, then that is another story.
Congratulations on acquiring the Yaris!
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 02:17 PM   #4
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by swng View Post
If you have not yet taken delivery of the car, you may want to find out from the relevant Toyota dealership if they want to do the job for you (or arrange for it to be done by their contractors). By letting the dealership handle it, you can be sure that there is no compatibility issues. The price may be higher than doing it yourself or buying from elsewhere but the dealership may give you something very similar to, if not exactly, Toyota factory warranty. I mean when there is a problem, you can go back to the dealership instead of any place else to get it fixed.
Whether it is worth the extra money depends on how important peace of mind is to you. If you are the DIY type, then that is another story.
Congratulations on acquiring the Yaris!
yes...like mentioned, doing the installation through the dealer will give you the same warranty as your Yaris (at least in my case), but the dealership's contractor here, which is Autohaus, is letting me down real bad.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:04 PM   #5
swng

Really sorry to learn about that (Post #4) Kaotic Lazagna. Just hope things will eventually work out fine for you. Some dealerships have business relationships with several contractors. So if our new fellow member wants to avoid any particular one, he/she just has to mention it to the dealership concerned.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:09 PM   #6
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by swng View Post
Really sorry to learn about that (Post #4) Kaotic Lazagna. Just hope things will eventually work out fine for you. Some dealerships have business relationships with several contractors. So if our new fellow member wants to avoid any particular one, he/she just has to mention it to the dealership concerned.
yes, i hope bestyaris reads this and tells his dealership to avoid Autohaus products.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:32 AM   #7
bestyaris

Drives: Polar White 4 Dr
Thanks for all your replies..

does anybody know.. if 07 Yaris's door lock is "cable" operated or "rod" operated???
bestyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 12:58 AM   #8
swng

Please refer to this thread, especially Post #3:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...ris+power+lock

See also this one:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...ht=power+locks

There may be other relevant threads too. Just go ahead and search .
Old 02-08-2007, 02:25 PM   #9
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
i've done it on my echo hatch with OEM parts. took me helluva time to trace those parts and actually being able to buy them (used).

i also asked at the dealer for the price of these parts (since the car came pre-wired), i only needed the central lock switch, the relay box, 3x actuators (2 doors and 1 hatch) and some wiring.

thx to the wiring diagram (offered by all toyota dealers), i was able to locate where the relay box should be plugged, and each actuator goes to each kick panel.

the only problem i've encountered was the hatch actuator... no wiring were pre-run to there. so i never bothered and sold the car before i could finish the job.

i've also installed, OEM keyless entry.. with the RS3200 keyless/alarm system.
it's pretty fun, i would definitely do it again :)
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 06:44 PM   #10
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Search here, bunch have done it. Very simple, and under 200 bucks to do.
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:20 AM   #11
Lillydot
Absolutely Red!!!

Drives: 07 A/T Yaris Liftback
i tried to get keyless entry on my base model and i was told by the dealership it coudn't be done b/c my car used the cable model. still trying to figure out a way...
Lillydot is offline   Reply With Quote