Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-19-2007, 12:54 AM   #1
dallas

Drives: Yaris Hatch /Landrover D2
Front licence plate

I'm moving to British Columbia from Alberta and will have to drill holes into my clean front bumper to run a plate, it's breaking my heart! Anyone know of any tricks when I register the car, so that i will only get a rear plate? Whats the fine if I don't run the front plate? HELP!!
dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:04 AM   #2
reznunt
Hi!

Drives: EF Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas View Post
I'm moving to British Columbia from Alberta and will have to drill holes into my clean front bumper to run a plate, it's breaking my heart! Anyone know of any tricks when I register the car, so that i will only get a rear plate? Whats the fine if I don't run the front plate? HELP!!
don't drill holes til you find out the laws and fines! the dealer drilled my bumper without asking me. i would've run no front plate if i didn't have nasty holes in it. here it's only a $10 fix-it ticket.
reznunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:17 AM   #3
dallas

Drives: Yaris Hatch /Landrover D2
Thanks,for the info, id pay $10 all day long to keep the front clean. Go to home depot they sell a little plastic mushroom type plug, paint the head with touch up paint and glue it into your holes, presto it's fixed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reznunt View Post
don't drill holes til you find out the laws and fines! the dealer drilled my bumper without asking me. i would've run no front plate if i didn't have nasty holes in it. here it's only a $10 fix-it ticket.
dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 02:21 AM   #4
slvryaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
I bought a car that the dealer told me they had to put a front license plate on it and needed to drill holes and I told them I wasnt going to buy it if they did. The day I went to pick it up they had drilled the holes and I refused to buy it. The next day they called and had one trailered in...hehehe
slvryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 02:42 AM   #5
ALY
TOYOTA Product Advisor

Drives: 2007 YARIS RS 3DR LB "B" PKG
I wish I had known how clean the front bumpers were prior to attaching the front plate to my BC car. It is the law; however, if you want to get around it, get 4 zap straps (one for each hole (corners) of your plate. Attach the straps through the grate under the front bumper. This will cover the law and leave your bumper without holes.

I would post pics; however, I used the front bumper.
ALY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:54 AM   #6
earljail

Drives: 07 Yaris Hatch 5speed
I think it's an $80 ish fine. If you get pulled over for another reason, the cops might give you a ticket for the plate as well as whatever you did.

I know the Echo had two dimples on the front bumper where the holes were supposed to go: the Yaris probably has the same.

-Funny story, well sorta. When we got the Yaris, the salesman was putting the front licence plate on and his screwdriver slipped. No damage, but he was pretty embarrassed.
earljail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 06:22 AM   #7
death is my gift
wacky broadway nightmare

Drives: Willow is a '07 Red Yaris LB
Send a message via AIM to death is my gift Send a message via MSN to death is my gift Send a message via Yahoo to death is my gift
I live in Texas and we are SUPPOSE to have a front license plate too. The dealership is also supposed to have already drilled the holes for that but they didn't. I too have my 2nd license plate just sitting on my kitchen bar. I won't put it on until I absolutely HAVE to. Like, when I get pulled over for it. haha.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:57 AM   #8
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
No front plate for me. Front plate sucks.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:16 AM   #9
xCookiE

Drives: RED 06
the fine is retarded..

but im pretty sure No front plate is like $90
and an Obstructed front plate (putting behind the windshield) is $196
xCookiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:18 AM   #10
xCookiE

and since its a licenses plate.. i doubt anyone would wanna steal it.. (if its nothing fancy or custom) you can zip tie it to the grill between your fog lights..
Old 07-19-2007, 03:20 PM   #11
death is my gift
wacky broadway nightmare

Drives: Willow is a '07 Red Yaris LB
Send a message via AIM to death is my gift Send a message via MSN to death is my gift Send a message via Yahoo to death is my gift
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickhardmeat View Post
No front plate for me. Front plate sucks.
If I get busted I'm totally giving them your address.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:53 PM   #12
sherryberry

Drives: 07 Blazing Blue Yaris
Send a message via AIM to sherryberry Send a message via MSN to sherryberry Send a message via Yahoo to sherryberry
My front plate was already drilled in... but my dealer only attached the temp plate in the back, as is customary.. I'm still waitin for the ACTUAL plates to come in. Don't know about the laws here but I saw a cop slow down to make sure i had a plate at all.
sherryberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:13 PM   #13
barebonedvitz
return of the comeback

Drives: white '08LB..very nice,i like
bend the top part, where the holes are, 90* to the right. Then drill holes on the underside of the upper part of the airdam, and screw it upwards..bunch of my friends did it to their civics.. downside is, u have a bent plate..looks clean if done right tho.
barebonedvitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 12:18 AM   #14
xCookiE

apparently in Vancouver.. IF you get caught.. the fine is higher if you bend or cut your plate.. might as well not having it on the front then.. I'm glad Alberta's law doesn't require us to have one in the front! =D
Old 07-20-2007, 04:48 PM   #15
earljail

Drives: 07 Yaris Hatch 5speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by xCookiE View Post
apparently in Vancouver.. IF you get caught.. the fine is higher if you bend or cut your plate.. might as well not having it on the front then.. I'm glad Alberta's law doesn't require us to have one in the front! =D
They have different laws in Vancouver than the rest of B.C.? The Motor Vehicle Act is for all of B.C.

You Albertans are lucky with the lack of a front plate thing. Then again, how much does it cost a male under 25 to get insured?
earljail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 02:06 PM   #16
hipeye

Drives: 206 blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas View Post
my fist post i live in bc have had no front plate on any car 4 10years never been stoped
hipeye is offline   Reply With Quote