Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-19-2006, 02:28 PM   #19
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziv
Dude, you married? probably not.... hehe.
LOL

His wife Missy is fucking awesome and so nice. Ppl shouldnt be thinking somehow thats shes a bitch or overly domineering simply bc of this.

Furthest thing from the truth... mcnabb is just looking for some helpful advice so that he may bring around his better half's thinking and have everything fine and dandy.

Decision are so much better to make when all parties are happy and content with them

Jem
Jem_hadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 02:54 PM   #20
ElViShGiBbErIsH

Drives: Ducati Monster 750Dark
Quote:
Decision are so much better to make when all parties are happy and content with them
Definitely hit the nail on the head wit that one shcarf !!
You seem to know allot about the intertwinings of relationships for a single dude

Quote:
Dude, you married? probably not.... hehe.
Dude that was perfect.. hahaha...
ElViShGiBbErIsH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 01:17 AM   #21
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Definatly the money angle is the way to go. Since you have mentioned that she drives a FJ Cruiser, tell her the money you save on gas can be used so she can drive that gas hog.

I've actually never met anyone that didn't say the Yaris is cute. No one has made any other comments. They all say the same thing. Almost makes me think it is a conspiracy.
Old 05-20-2006, 02:04 PM   #22
Yaris

Drives: 2010 LB Meteor Metallic
Do not let your wife or her parents 'choose' your car for you. Be a man and stand firm. You don't ever want to be known as 'whipped' do you?
Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 02:48 PM   #23
BensVitz

Drives: 2001 Mazda P/U
How'd you guess? :-) But I'm a little possessive about my cars. I don't like other people to drive them. If something goes wrong, I want to have been the last person to have driven it.

Ben
BensVitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 05:50 PM   #24
fearturtle44

Drives: S Flint Mica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris
Do not let your wife or her parents 'choose' your car for you. Be a man and stand firm. You don't ever want to be known as 'whipped' do you?
Spouse and family are there to give you OPINIONS but once you weigh all the opinions the decision should be YOURS and nobody else. However if your parents and/or relatives are giving you the money, all bets off.....

Kevin
fearturtle44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:53 AM   #25
Calidrifter

Drives: 1997 Nissan 240sx
I just noticed whta else you had and since you have a Ducati 750 then yes I would consider it dorky. But only cause you have such a bad ass bike.
Calidrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:25 PM   #26
TX_Yaris

Drives: '07 Yaris Sedan - Red
And you might want to point out that Yaris won top 10 COOLEST!!! cars under $18K by Edmunds.com
TX_Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:42 PM   #27
ElViShGiBbErIsH

Quote:
cause you have such a bad ass bike.
Ahhhhhh..... I can tell you have Impeccable taste

Well today was "Supposed" to be the day that the Yaris was going to come into our lives in a big way... (or so I had hoped) to make a long story short we didn't even make it to the toyota dealership. .. we stopped at Carmax and literally bought the first car we saw. After all this talk of my wife thinking the Yaris is dorky she ended up getting a Volkswagen Beetle convertible, the reason I say she ended up with it is because she wanted the beetle so bad I decided to make a H U G E sacrifice and humbly took driving rights of the FJ.

Anyways the beetle is a stick shift and is cobalt blue and tan leather interior. I don't normally like beetles at all but this one is very becoming.. anyways maybe I will get a yaris when the trim levels move up a little (electronic dashes and all).

let the flamming begin
Old 05-23-2006, 12:19 AM   #28
Dylanby

Drives: RS 5-DR
Did you get a diesel at least?
Dylanby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 08:26 AM   #29
ricko

Drives: Copper-Orange Yaris RS
At least you still have the Ducati, although from what I remember the Yaris would get better mileage!
ricko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 10:41 AM   #30
ElViShGiBbErIsH

Quote:
Did you get a diesel at least?
Nope but it gets better mpg than the jeep 24/30

Quote:
At least you still have the Ducati, although from what I remember the Yaris would get better mileage!
Well it is supposed to get an estimated 40/50mpg but then thats all relative to how you ride it
Old 05-23-2006, 11:41 AM   #31
ricko

Drives: Copper-Orange Yaris RS
I have NEVER met anybody with a Ducati, that drove in anything approaching a fuel saving mode.
ricko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 12:10 PM   #32
yarisgirl
I've made a post!

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris
Arrow From a Jeep to a Yaris

I rode around in at 14mpg car. I have had many cars in my short life as a driver. I grew up with a ford van due to my mothers disability, then I had a plymoth horizon. After that it was my choice as a nanny to use either a 15 seat van, suburbon, or a ford explorer. I loved the Explorer when I had just the little ones with me. I then met my husband and he owned a Jeep Wrangler. 14 mpg on a good day, only going downhill in san fransisco. Now I own a Yaris. A cute compact car with lots of potential.

First it smiles at me when I walk up to it. Second I get noticed driving down the street. Third, no one on my block or for that matter in my town owns one yet.
4th with all the money saved on gas I can go on a cruise and afford payments and insurance.

Cute factor, this car outside sits higher then most cars of its class, it has a smile on all of the time, and it is earth friendly.
MY yaris has all of 200 miles on it. and I already know I am going to be doing some slight mods to it when the parts get on the market.

Ok so finished rambling enjoy your day. I am going to take my Yaris out for a drive.

Yaris Girl
yarisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 12:31 PM   #33
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElViShGiBbErIsH
Ahhhhhh..... I can tell you have Impeccable taste

Well today was "Supposed" to be the day that the Yaris was going to come into our lives in a big way... (or so I had hoped) to make a long story short we didn't even make it to the toyota dealership. .. we stopped at Carmax and literally bought the first car we saw. After all this talk of my wife thinking the Yaris is dorky she ended up getting a Volkswagen Beetle convertible, the reason I say she ended up with it is because she wanted the beetle so bad I decided to make a H U G E sacrifice and humbly took driving rights of the FJ.

Anyways the beetle is a stick shift and is cobalt blue and tan leather interior. I don't normally like beetles at all but this one is very becoming.. anyways maybe I will get a yaris when the trim levels move up a little (electronic dashes and all).

let the flamming begin
We'll hafta talk, but congratulations buddy on missys new car! I can SO picture her in a VW... she'll love that convertible option (obvioulsy)

Fuck, you need to send me pics, i need more details!!!!!! im dying over here ;)

Have fun w/ the FJ man!! Blast the fuck outta it... but seriously, make sure its euro or trance, none of that other mess thats so popular down there!

CHEERS ^5
Jem_hadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 03:01 PM   #34
foober

Drives: two yaris liftbacks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricko
I have NEVER met anybody with a Ducati, that drove in anything approaching a fuel saving mode.
The day after I bought my yaris i drove it over to a friends house to show it off and go out to lunch. As I drove up I noticed the car in front of me was a red lotus convertible. And they wound up parking across the street. I got out and the two guys in the lotus came over and started asking me questions about my yaris. They were just gushing over it. Asking me all sorts of questions. I found that kind of interesting with thier big interest in my yaris considering they were driving a 100,000 thousand dollar car.
foober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 08:41 AM   #35
ElViShGiBbErIsH

Quote:
We'll hafta talk, but congratulations buddy on missys new car! I can SO picture her in a VW... she'll love that convertible option (obvioulsy)

Fuck, you need to send me pics, i need more details!!!!!! im dying over here ;)

Have fun w/ the FJ man!! Blast the fuck outta it... but seriously, make sure its euro or trance, none of that other mess thats so popular down there!

CHEERS ^5
I will take some snapshots tonightto let you see her.. I believe this vehicle was designed for missy

I am totally digging the FJ and the aftermarket sound system is remarkably good as well.. especially when you pair it with that new Nickelback CD (kidding, i dislike nickelback)

Quote:
The day after I bought my yaris i drove it over to a friends house to show it off and go out to lunch. As I drove up I noticed the car in front of me was a red lotus convertible. And they wound up parking across the street. I got out and the two guys in the lotus came over and started asking me questions about my yaris. They were just gushing over it. Asking me all sorts of questions. I found that kind of interesting with thier big interest in my yaris considering they were driving a 100,000 thousand dollar car.
I know that had to make you feel good !!
(Way to stick it to the man )
Old 05-25-2006, 08:55 PM   #36
dandj

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan auto
I don't fell dorky at all for loving my Yaris other than it's a little different (center cluster, hiding little aux glovebox, cupholder location,) all of which I think are very cool. The style of this thing I believe really rocks, and all the intrest it attracts. At 38+ mpg I just tell people it's my four wheel covered motorcycle.
dandj is offline   Reply With Quote