Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-16-2006, 02:28 AM   #55
strider86x

Drives: Yaris Sedan
i don't know about being a dork and all, but i tell you i'm very impressed with the yaris, i haven't actually "owned" other cars(yaris=my 1st new car)...but i've driven a few, for such a small car it handles great and it's slick inside and out.(referring to the sedan, sorry LB drivers, nothing personal, just not my style)
strider86x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 04:06 PM   #56
DonnyRebel
1st Time Toyota Owner

Drives: 2007 Meteorite Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElViShGiBbErIsH
Ok....my wife thinks the Yaris is basically a Dorky little ride. Now that my wife is sharing her TRUE feelings on the Yaris I am also wondering if anyone else felt a tad bit GEEKY for liking the Yaris? I mean even a little ? ?
Fortunately, my wife thinks it's "cute"...but don't feel too bad though....my daughters call mine the "clown car", which instantly "stuck".

I've always owned Corvettes and Cadillacs and I currently have an '04 SSR, so I kinda know what you mean by feelin a little geeky, but hey, let em say what they want. If you were a young single guy, I don't think you'd impress too many women with your Yaris but being a married guy, it almost shows good sense (as long as you've got something classy to take out the missus with on Saturday night).

Just my $.02
DonnyRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 06:20 PM   #57
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyRebel
Fortunately, my wife thinks it's "cute"...but don't feel too bad though....my daughters call mine the "clown car", which instantly "stuck".
LOL Ive had my friends in TO call my car that too... hehehe
Jem_hadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 07:45 AM   #58
yaris30

Drives: 2002 toyota yaris
then your wife is one..lol
yaris30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 09:02 AM   #59
Carvin'07
Selling all mods

Drives: '07 Bayou Blue - totally stock
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idjiit
You're not going to get 40mpg with 18" wheels on it, that's for sure.
Speak for yourself. I get 42 US mpg on a 80% hwy commute on 205/40/17 Kumho Ecsta MXs.

BTW that's with A/C on 100% of the time at +38C/+99F weather.
Carvin'07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 04:24 PM   #60
Kiteless

Drives: US 2007 Yaris Liftback 5MT
Damn you guys are harsh.. LOL. Makes me glad I am single. I don't gotta worry about a GF (or BF if you swing that way), wife, kids & all that. Just gotta make sure my bills are paid and that I can put a little away at the end of the month.

Anyway, I agree with one of the first responders. Take her for a ride in it. She will see that the Yaris has a heart of gold. SO far, every single person who has balked at how tiny it is, sits in it (front or back seat, doesn't matter) and comments on how much room they have. It pulls well, even with 4 people in it, and has a lot of cargo space when the back seats are put down. I can only speak for the LB on this one.

- K
Kiteless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 06:56 PM   #61
dandj

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan auto
Yaris a dorkmobile a chance!! Just about everyone loves my yaris sedan, men and wemon alike.
dandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 12:03 AM   #62
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandj
Yaris a dorkmobile a chance!! Just about everyone loves my yaris sedan, men and wemon alike.

the 'dorkmobile' reference would only pertain to the hatch... the sedan is very ordinary looking
Old 08-23-2006, 10:37 PM   #63
Pars

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElViShGiBbErIsH
Ok.. So I am infatuated with the new Yaris, Particularly with the TRD 18" wheels and lowering kit but my wife thinks the Yaris is basically a Dorky little ride. I am trying my best to persuade her but 40mpg only goes so far.. Some smart 1 liners about why the Yaris is great would be appreciated

Now that my wife is sharing her TRUE feelings on the Yaris I am also wondering if anyone else felt a tad bit GEEKY for liking the Yaris? I mean even a little ? ?
Dorky? It could have been worst, you might have gotten the Smart Car. If that doesn't work. You could always let the facial hair grow in, put on a wife-beater t-shirt and tell her you're thinking about getting a Harley bike.
Pars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 11:59 PM   #64
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pars
Dorky? It could have been worst, you might have gotten the Smart Car. If that doesn't work. You could always let the facial hair grow in, put on a wife-beater t-shirt and tell her you're thinking about getting a Harley bike.
Well, he already drives a Ninja sport bike, hehe, so I dont think a Harley isnt in the picture
Old 08-24-2006, 09:53 PM   #65
YarisBlazer

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Have you seen the dumb Hummer ad?

Has anyone seen that stupid Hummer ad on TV? A guy is buying healthy food at supermarket, like broccoli, tofu,etc.....guy behind him in line is buying tons of meat; he goes to local dealer and buys a Hummer "to get his manhood back" (I guess ?); Is this shit for real? What the ad doesnt say is that the guy behind him in line at supermarket (who is supposed to be envied) will die of heart disease at 50 and our protagonist Hummer-driver will spend the next 10 years driving from gas station to gas station (or, worse, if Middle east stays on present course we will all be in hybrids or Yarii in 5--10 years); are Americans really this dumb and unconcerned about environment, their resepective health and the oncoming geopoitical war over oil (WWIII ???); Come ON!!! I belive Yaris owners are a new wave of consumers who will eventually become the norm; I truly believe we will look back in shame on Hummers and SUV's as terrorist-funding death machines and Yarii and their ilk as saviors; what do you think ?
YarisBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 08:05 AM   #66
pxpaulx

Drives: Barcelona Red 5spd sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureyarisowner
Has anyone seen that stupid Hummer ad on TV? A guy is buying healthy food at supermarket, like broccoli, tofu,etc.....guy behind him in line is buying tons of meat; he goes to local dealer and buys a Hummer "to get his manhood back" (I guess ?); Is this shit for real? What the ad doesnt say is that the guy behind him in line at supermarket (who is supposed to be envied) will die of heart disease at 50 and our protagonist Hummer-driver will spend the next 10 years driving from gas station to gas station (or, worse, if Middle east stays on present course we will all be in hybrids or Yarii in 5--10 years); are Americans really this dumb and unconcerned about environment, their resepective health and the oncoming geopoitical war over oil (WWIII ???); Come ON!!! I belive Yaris owners are a new wave of consumers who will eventually become the norm; I truly believe we will look back in shame on Hummers and SUV's as terrorist-funding death machines and Yarii and their ilk as saviors; what do you think ?
i think it will take consistent $4-5 a gallon gas if not more for our mindset to become the norm. what do you think the oil companies are saying right now? executive: "look at these suckers, they're still sucking it down and we're charging 50% more than we did 18 months ago, the sky is the F'in limit!"

We're trading in our honda element for the yaris - i'm going to miss it very much it was extremely versatile and great for camping, moving, you name it. but to me, even 22mpg is not good enough, i'm glad my first car was a honda civic CX manual tranny! you start missing 40mpg pretty fast when gas is $3 a gallon.

in a few years maybe i'll pick up an old element for $6-8K, and use it solely for trips and if we have a short commute...the yaris will be for absolutely everything else!
pxpaulx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 08:29 AM   #67
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxpaulx
i think it will take consistent $4-5 a gallon gas if not more for our mindset to become the norm. what do you think the oil companies are saying right now? executive: "look at these suckers, they're still sucking it down and we're charging 50% more than we did 18 months ago, the sky is the F'in limit!"

We're trading in our honda element for the yaris - i'm going to miss it very much it was extremely versatile and great for camping, moving, you name it. but to me, even 22mpg is not good enough, i'm glad my first car was a honda civic CX manual tranny! you start missing 40mpg pretty fast when gas is $3 a gallon.

in a few years maybe i'll pick up an old element for $6-8K, and use it solely for trips and if we have a short commute...the yaris will be for absolutely everything else!
^^ Thats the way to look at it!
Old 08-25-2006, 09:39 AM   #68
pxpaulx

Drives: Barcelona Red 5spd sedan
this board is alot like the www.elementownersclub.com board i belong to now, very active and informative...i feel at home already! we need club stickers for our cars, something with a good design.
pxpaulx is offline   Reply With Quote