Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-12-2019, 08:17 PM   #1
Brighton
Knower of little

Drives: None
New Car = Must Mod?

Hey All!

I just picked up an 07 yaris hatch (Auto w/93K on it) as my new commuter. The cars fully stock and I've only driven it a few days so far and already want to change things about it. It's going to stay as a daily driver so I don't plan to go extreme with any mods. I'm sure I can find some of this info around if I dig for it so feel free to ignore any of the questions

BUT I've never messed with Yaris' so I wanted to get some info.
1. Are there other OEM seats that bolt into place of the factory Yaris ones? (IE from a corolla or something)

2.Has anyone put in one of the Joying headunits? And if so, did it suck?

3.What's the max tire size you can do without rubbing on anything? I was thinking of going to 15x7 or 15x8

4.Has anyone installed the magnaflow full exhaust system?

5.Do some of the cars come with cruise control and if so does it need anything other than the cruise control steering wheel to add that option to the car? (GMs do this which is why I ask)

Here's the car in case you care to see it haha

photo4992250675706570814.jpg
Brighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 11:29 AM   #2
NotSaintPatrick

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris T Sport 3dr
I honestly can't answer any of your questions, but I just wanted to say congrats on the new car!

There doesn't seem to be too much activity on here anymore, but I'm sure you can find what you're looking for if you use the search function :)

Oh, and here's the "official" wheel and tire guide on here if that helps:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...ht=wheel+guide
NotSaintPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 12:45 AM   #3
SirDigby

Drives: 2007 yaris 3 door
1: idk. the seats are not a concern, so i haven't looked into it
2: idk what that is
3: you could do a 15x8. it all depends on the offset
4: i'm sure someone has
5: no. none of the cars have cruise. CTScott use to sell a kit. idk if he still does.

if you want to make it more fun, look into the throttle body swap from a 1.8. it is a great upgrade for like $60
SirDigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 03:49 PM   #4
yarisbug

Drives: 2010 1.4 d4d
If you put on bigger tires you're going to get worse gas mileage. That's not an upgrade IMHO. Neither is louder, expensive exhaust. What's wrong with your seats?

If I was you I'd first make sure all maintenance work is up to date (fluids, brakes, etc). Make sure it's safe and reliable first. Then mods one at a time in order of importance. Cruise, then tunes, maybe tint. That's about it for me ;) Don't waste a dime on exhaust unless you're under 20 LOL.
yarisbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 08:55 PM   #5
Brighton
Knower of little

So just to answer everyone. The reason I want to do exhaust is cause I'm childish and there's a leak I can't find (I didn't put a lot of effort into finding it) The reason I want to do wheels (I know I compromise MPG) but its so I can have nicer alloy wheels with summer tires and winter tires on the steelies. I also plan to do stereo, tint and other mild performance mods just to get the car a little more responsive, and tailored to what I like for my 250 mile a week commute. The seats are for just cause, bolster and maybe something with lumbar support would be nice but not a necessity.
I'm debating to do a build thread or not too, I plan to do a bunch but I don't know if anyone would care to see it. (I'm going to run this car into the ground so the thread will be long haha)
Old 07-22-2019, 12:56 PM   #6
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brighton View Post
Hey All!

I just picked up an 07 yaris hatch (Auto w/93K on it) as my new commuter. The cars fully stock and I've only driven it a few days so far and already want to change things about it. It's going to stay as a daily driver so I don't plan to go extreme with any mods. I'm sure I can find some of this info around if I dig for it so feel free to ignore any of the questions

BUT I've never messed with Yaris' so I wanted to get some info.
1. Are there other OEM seats that bolt into place of the factory Yaris ones? (IE from a corolla or something)

2.Has anyone put in one of the Joying headunits? And if so, did it suck?

3.What's the max tire size you can do without rubbing on anything? I was thinking of going to 15x7 or 15x8

4.Has anyone installed the magnaflow full exhaust system?

5.Do some of the cars come with cruise control and if so does it need anything other than the cruise control steering wheel to add that option to the car? (GMs do this which is why I ask)

Here's the car in case you care to see it haha

Attachment 60627
My 2 cents? Do to your car whatever makes you happy.

Life's short.

1. I think at some point I read about some other cars' seats fitting into the Yaris without modification, but I'm not 100% sure. I wasn't happy with the foam, dough boy seats that came in the car either, so I went with the sparco R100 seats. About as cheap as a proper bucket seat is going to get and they look fantastic, imo. My sponsor sells them, so I can get a discount on their listed price.

2. Never heard of Joying head units.

3. Depending on offset, you can go up to about a 17" wheel with no rubbing, if on factory suspension. Offset and lowering changes things.

4. Don't know anyone that has installed MF exhaust on these cars. Most go with Tanabe. Like the sparco bucket seats, my sponsor sells MF exhaust for the Yaris and I can get a discount on their listed price.

5. Lots of cruise control posts/info. As others have mentioned, you'll find searching the forum to be very useful.

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 03:13 PM   #7
Brighton
Knower of little

Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
My 2 cents? Do to your car whatever makes you happy.

Life's short.

1. I think at some point I read about some other cars' seats fitting into the Yaris without modification, but I'm not 100% sure. I wasn't happy with the foam, dough boy seats that came in the car either, so I went with the sparco R100 seats. About as cheap as a proper bucket seat is going to get and they look fantastic, imo. My sponsor sells them, so I can get a discount on their listed price.

2. Never heard of Joying head units.

3. Depending on offset, you can go up to about a 17" wheel with no rubbing, if on factory suspension. Offset and lowering changes things.

4. Don't know anyone that has installed MF exhaust on these cars. Most go with Tanabe. Like the sparco bucket seats, my sponsor sells MF exhaust for the Yaris and I can get a discount on their listed price.

5. Lots of cruise control posts/info. As others have mentioned, you'll find searching the forum to be very useful.

Thanks for it input! I went ahead and ordered a cheap aftermarket but OE spec muffler to get it past inspection for now, then gonna do the magnaflow cat back down the line.

Also this is the head unit I'm referring to. It's a direct swap into the existing hole in the dash which is why I'm drawn to it, but it looks like sketchy chinese junk so wanted to see if there was anyone who had already gotten it.
https://www.joyingauto.com/joying-la...-with-dsp.html

And I'll scour the junkyards for seats to see what fits as well as wheels/tires down the line!
Old 07-23-2019, 03:22 PM   #8
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brighton View Post
Thanks for it input! I went ahead and ordered a cheap aftermarket but OE spec muffler to get it past inspection for now, then gonna do the magnaflow cat back down the line.

Also this is the head unit I'm referring to. It's a direct swap into the existing hole in the dash which is why I'm drawn to it, but it looks like sketchy chinese junk so wanted to see if there was anyone who had already gotten it.
https://www.joyingauto.com/joying-la...-with-dsp.html

And I'll scour the junkyards for seats to see what fits as well as wheels/tires down the line!
Looking forward to following your progress

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 05:42 PM   #9
justanotherdrunk

Drives: 2016 SE
http://www.subcompactculture.com/201...ota-yaris.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17634741_1618076481537674_5658592794808704542_n.jpg (75.0 KB, 188 views)
justanotherdrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 04:59 PM   #10
Questal

Drives: ford
This black one it's looking so good!
Questal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 11:08 PM   #11
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Definitely do a build thread!

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 04:01 AM   #12
MariaMur
I've made a post!

Drives: Toyota Camry
From my point of view, this model is the best for city rides. I also own this model and I am very pleased with it. I was advised by my friend last year to look for this model. I found my beloved car on an auction site. I got it at a very nice price. I was very happy. The car was in Alabama, so I contacted the guys from Guardian to help me with the shipping. They transported it to me in 3 days. That's very fast. I didn't want to make some changes to it, but I decided to get some new seats. Also, I changed the wheels. It's looking great now!

Last edited by MariaMur; 04-01-2021 at 07:03 AM.
MariaMur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 11:52 AM   #13
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
OP was a year and a half ago... /shrug?
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 05:12 PM   #14
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyOldMan View Post
OP was a year and a half ago... /shrug?
Haha, so it was.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote