Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Canada
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-29-2015, 12:54 AM   #1
NYC-SE

Drives: 2014 Yaris SE
Montreal, Land of a 1000 Yarii

I just got back from a long weekend in Montreal. The Yaris is certainly well represented there. There are hundreds of them, you could stand on the street for 5 minutes and see a dozen go by. Where I live in NYC it would take you a week to see a handful. Anyway Montreal is flooded with them. All kinds too, 2 doors, 4 doors, RS models, sedans (although I saw fewer sedans than hatches). I also saw several examples of the 2015 model in person for the first time. The rear looks OK but the front end looks even worse in the flesh. The only color that is somewhat passable is black, it kind of hides the hideousness. Other colors make the front more pronounced. Let me now apologize to any 2015 owners.

Plenty of Echoes there as well. They have the hatchback Echo that we never got in the States. I saw several really good condition RS Echoes which was sort of surprising given the age and the harshness of the winters up there. And again 2 doors, 4 doors, hatches, sedans. LOTS. Also saw a Scion xB, so all the Yaris cousins were represented.

Also got to see two cars that we can't get here in the US, the Nissan Micra and the new Kia Rondo. The Micra seemed like a nice car, a little too small for my tastes, but I really liked the Rondo. That's a nice looking car, not quite a minivan but with the utility of one. Seems like it would work for a small family. Of course it's a no-go here in America, where the birth of a first child requires the purchase of a Chevy Suburban or some other such behemoth. Let me now apologize to any Chevy Suburban owners.

It was a good trip. Hüsker (my car) got to run free with her extended family. (Yes I'm nuts.) I have been there before but didn't own the Yaris when I was so I wasn't really paying attention before. It's amazing what you can see when you do. And BTW if you've never been to Montreal go, it's a great city.
NYC-SE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 02:58 AM   #2
NYC-SE

Drives: 2014 Yaris SE
To whoever moved this post: I don't feel that this belongs in the regional forms. It is not directed at Canadian members. It is directed at US members like myself who may not be aware of the plethora of Yarii north of the border. Also other cars are discussed. I put it in off- topic / other cars for that reason.

Last edited by NYC-SE; 04-29-2015 at 03:12 AM.
NYC-SE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 06:10 AM   #3
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
I agree! Move it back!

I wonder do they do package discount tours to Montreal for we uns?
Old 04-29-2015, 06:24 AM   #4
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Don't do packaged tours. If you were to visit. Come in the summer when all the festivities are happening.

You guys just missed bal en blanc

There is the Jazz fest, just for laugh, Grand Prix F1, just to name a few..
Old 04-29-2015, 10:49 AM   #5
Vervepipes
CowCountry Hornet Handler

Drives: '08 Sedan
Halifax has loads of Yaris and Echos too. I can hardly go down the road without seeing a few in the same colour, and a lot of blue ones. It isn't unusual to be in front of one or behind one at a stop light. Echo sedans don't last long here before the decompose, but LOTS of them left. The Hatches seem much better built, I haven't seen a rusty one yet and same goes for the Yaris of both varieties, havent seen a single one with rocker panel rust.
Vervepipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 11:23 AM   #6
aspro

Drives: 2011 Yaris RS 5 door 5 spd
Yeah, Montreal is awesome and does house many echo's and Yaris'. A guy from Quebec built as 2 engine echo rs Hatch that put out something crazy like 500 awhp. Here's the video https://youtu.be/vEsZMtswnvk. I was supposed to be in Montreal for a hockey tournament but I've rolled my ankle and can't go anymore. Was there last may for a tourney with the yaris and I got a few thumbs up from a few local yaris owners when I was booting around downtown Montreal.

To all the Montreal locals, I hate the habs, but good luck in the playoffs. For the love of god, bring the cup back to Canada. And Carey Price, what a stud!!! I can't believe I'm saying this but 'go habs go'!

TRD sway bar, h&r coilovers, tanabe strut tower bar, konig feather, bfg sport comp 2, MI intake manifold, aem cai, dc header, trd catback, MI crank pulley, trd short shift kit, phillips hid kit, morimoto led fogs, parrot navi indash, alpine 6.5 speakers, alpine amp, alpine reverse camera, led interior lights, thule roof racks, netz badges...
aspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:19 PM   #7
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
lol we are only getting better year after year.