Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Canada
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-28-2015, 12:39 PM   #1
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Thumbs up Shoutout to Georgetown Toyota

I can't let this go without a public acknowledgement.

Was working on front brakes today and noticed the sight you see in the pic below. All that white residue on the undercarriage. Decided to run to my local dealership for a visual diagnosis which I figured I would not be charged for, and I was correct in that assumption. The culprit was a broken clamp on throttle body coolant line.

Now for the good stuff. They replaced the clamp, topped up my coolant, and cleaned off the engine block below the throttle body which was also coated in the residue. Zero $$ and I was sent on my way.

Thank you Georgetown!
Attached Images

Old 05-28-2015, 03:20 PM   #2
aspro

Drives: 2011 Yaris RS 5 door 5 spd
That's awesome. Always good to hear dealers helping out in a good way.

TRD sway bar, h&r coilovers, tanabe strut tower bar, konig feather, bfg sport comp 2, MI intake manifold, aem cai, dc header, trd catback, MI crank pulley, trd short shift kit, phillips hid kit, morimoto led fogs, parrot navi indash, alpine 6.5 speakers, alpine amp, alpine reverse camera, led interior lights, thule roof racks, netz badges...
aspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 03:55 PM   #3
Kalispel

Drives: '15 Yaris SE 5MT
Glad that it worked out well for you. I'm hoping that my visit to the Toytota dealership in late July to try and buy a 2015 SE goes that well. You read so many horror story experiences on the internet and it sort of make you paranoid, lol.
Kalispel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 04:16 PM   #4
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalispel View Post
You read so many horror story experiences on the internet and it sort of make you paranoid, lol.
Exactly the reason why I decided to post this. It is almost fashionable to denounce "Stealerships" these days. This particular dealership has always treated me well and has gained my trust. This is not the first freebee they given me. It just goes to show that given the chance, a dealership can surprise you. Doesn't hurt that Georgetown is, in it's heart, a small town community.