Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-15-2015, 08:20 AM   #1
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
DC sports axleback exhaust

Anyone have this installed? It's a good price online but the sound on a youtube video made it sound like a vacuum.

I'd like to know what you guys think before I pull the trigger. I don't want something annoyingly loud, just less restrictive and a bit more rumble
Old 10-20-2015, 11:20 PM   #2
maelo123

Drives: Toyota Echo
I have a dc spor header for sale $150 + shipping
maelo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 12:14 AM   #3
Supra_Yaris
Logan

Drives: 2009 Yaris Liftback Base MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by maelo123 View Post
Will it fit 09 Yaris?
Supra_Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 09:46 AM   #4
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Quote:
Why are you responding to an exhaust thread with a header?
Old 10-21-2015, 10:45 AM   #5
maelo123

Drives: Toyota Echo
Yes it came out of an yaris 2010. I am Sorry to write in hear. The header is part of the exhaust system to, and i was thinking he may want the header to.
maelo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 12:19 PM   #6
tmontague

Quote:
Yes it came out of an yaris 2010. I am Sorry to write in hear. The header is part of the exhaust system to, and i was thinking he may want the header to.
take the time to read the thread a little, you'll notice in my signature it states that I have a DC header already...

there is a proper section for sale items, this is not that section
Old 11-12-2015, 09:55 AM   #7
jmanous

Drives: Toyota Yaris Sedan 2007
I would also like to hear any feedback for the DC AB (any tq gains when paired with
a header?).

Currently is listed for $244 on Amazon.
jmanous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 11:04 AM   #8
tmontague

FWIW I decided to just go with a custom resonator back exhaust wit slightly larger pipes. It will cost a little less than an aftermarket axle back and perform better. The cat and resonator and straight through and the diameter of them are larger than the factory pipes so there isn't much of a benefit getting rid of them.

I'm hoping to get it installed soon so I'll post here and let you know what the results are like.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:16 PM   #9
jmanous

Nice! Which muffler have you chosen? These DC sports mufflers seem to be under $50 online. No idea how loud they are though.

So is the header-to-resonator piping 2"?

I hope you will get over 108wph with your mods!
Old 11-12-2015, 12:34 PM   #10
tmontague

I just got off the phone with the exhaust shop I was referred to from a buddy of mine.

I'm doing a secondary cat back exhaust so removing the second cat and resonator and putting in a muffler (will figure out the one next week when the work gets done).

The O2 sensor only reads after the first cat so there will be no emissions issues or CEL's being thrown which is critical for me since I use my Yaris as a DD.

I'm going to go with 2 1/4" or 2.5" piping to increase some top end. My torque is excellent until about 4300rpm but above that it seems to some what top out. I trust this guys opinion as he's been doing custom performance exhaust work for over a decade and a lot of Porsche and Audi guys go there.

He just mentioned that if I found it too loud that I could just buy a resonator and he'd install it for free, I just have to pay for the resonator.

Looking forward to it, the price is good and it will be done early next week.

I'm not going to pay to dyno my car but I know another member posted that they dyno'd at 112 or 115whp (can't remember the exact number) with the same engine mods I have plus an axle back exhaust (minus the ported intake manifold which helped huge).

My butt dyno tells me the mods I've have helped quite a bit. For those of you who have driven boosted cars before and big high performance engines you're probably laughing. But for someone like me who only has ever owned NA 4 bangers (hyundai accent) and only driven heavy family sedans and pick up trucks the mods I've done have been great.

My only complaint is that the Yaris is not easily tuned without messing up the emissions and CEL's so I won't even try with tuning. Increasing the Yaris by 5-10 hp makes a pretty good difference especially when you lower the power band and have suspension mods that improve the handling. Most importantly this car and all the mods I've done have taught me everything I now know about cars when just over a year ago I had no idea what to do or what was what when I looked into an engine bay (except for changing oil).
Old 11-12-2015, 01:08 PM   #11
jmanous

Good luck with your exhaust project. It would be nice to post some feedback about the tq increase, even if it comes from your b-dyno! How many man-hours he wants to do it?

I have owned(or leased) a pretty extensive list of toyotas (IQ, Auris, Avensis and now Yaris) and I have to say they all drove dull (engine and handling-wise) - till I did some basic suspension mods and now the car actually returns some fun.

I think you may want to look at the %. A 20whp increase across all rpm bands equals to 22% actual increase (assuming 90whp base). I would really like to have a boosted setup,
but I'm always wondering if I can (or take the risk to) cross from east to west coast with it...