Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-24-2013, 12:42 PM   #1
EchoBob02
Bobby T

Drives: 2002 Toyota Echo
Cool 1nzfe throttle body swap and fitment questions

Hey everybody I'm new to The forum, I've got some questions about doing the throttle body swap. I went to my local parts yard and found plenty of cars with the normal throttle body to swap. My question is, I found a few corollas or camrys that have the 2.2 in them. It has the same 3 bolt flange so it should bolt right to the intake of the 1nz, is this throttle body from the 2.2 bigger than the other throttle body people are using over the stock one? And if it is different, in what ways are they different and will it be a better swap? Pros and cons please! Thank you.

Ps I am trying to locate pulleys for the crank,cams? Not sure if they have pulleys for the cam considering it's a vvti engine. Also trying to figure out what I can do about the plastic intake manifold, is there an intake I can modify and or swap into the echo? If not who makes sheet metal Intakes?
EchoBob02 is offline   Reply With Quote