Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2009, 12:39 PM   #1
The Spectacle

Drives: 08 BSP LB
Custom install - Hertz, eD, JL - lots of pics

I am having a local shop (http://www.blvdcustoms.com/) install a custom setup in to my LB. Components consist of the following:

HU: JVC KW-AVX800
Front stage: Hertz HSK 163
Sub: JL W6v2
Amps: Elemental Designs nine.4 4ch for speakers, Alpine PDX 1.600 for sub

Hertz is an Italian company that I'd never heard of. I demo'd the speakers they had setup in house and I was convinced. Great sounding stuff! http://www.hertzaudiovideo.com/

If you've never heard of Elemental Designs, you might want to check them out to. Made right here in the USA, great quality and even better prices: http://www.edesignaudio.com/

The Hertz's are a 3 way setup containing a 6.5" woofer, 3 inch mid & 1" tweeter. The woofer will be placed in the door and the mid and tweeter are being installed inside of custom kickpanels. My main focus on this setup are clarity and staging and after talking with the install guys, we agreed that this should work best. The HU I am using is a few years old, I picked up it last year for like $200 off a guy on a local forum. I also have a roll of eDead that is going in the doors and in the rear trunk area where the amp rack and sub are being installed.

Here a some pics of the car as of yesterday. Excuse the quality, these were all taken with my iPhone:

The bubble wrapped amp is the nine.4

Passenger door completed with sound deadening. The area behind the woofer location is also filled with foam absorber. Makes a big difference.

If you haven't been to the shops website, take a few mins and click the link. These guys work on everything from your Yaris type Econobox to million dollar Ferrari's and stuff like that. Here are some pics of the cars right next to mine in the bay:

Uh huh, that's a GT500. Not sure of the year.

But I am sure of the owner

Then next to the Shelby, you have this beast:

And they're having a slow week. LOL

Venture out into the lobby, and there's some curious stuff going on. Again if you clicked the link to their shop, you'd recognize this car:

Check out da wheeeeeeeeeeeeelzzzzzzzzzzz. 26's sittin high lol

Yea, they don't come from MB like that. lol

Then there's this one on the other side of the lobby:

In case you're wondering what type of car it is:

Yes, that's a 300C. Without a top. Talk about custom!

Oh it doesn't end there! Check out the parking lot:

Bentley, Lambo, Ford GT...you get the point.

Then there's my lonely little ride I drove to the shop in

Car should be done tomorrow (hopefully). I'll take better pics and let you guys know how it sounds. I can't wait!

- The Spectacle
The Spectacle is offline   Reply With Quote