Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-29-2013, 12:16 PM   #1
BobTheYaris

Drives: '08 Yaris HB 2 dr
Driving Lights Mounting?

I'm looking to add driving lights to my '08 HB for night driving on rural PA roads at night. My idea is to mount them on the bumper by using universal L brakets on the outside with a metal plate on the inside for support, sandwiching the plastic. My question is if anyone knows if the urethane will be able to handle the weight/stress, or if there is another sollution for support. Unfortunately PA has a stupid rule that driving lights have to be 20" apart center-to-center so center mount is out
BobTheYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:04 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
You may just want to go with a set of fog lights mounted in the OEM position. I find that they make a world of difference on our unlit roads.

For actually mounting driving lights to the bumper skin, if you add the reinforcement behind to prevent the stress against a single though hole, they should be fine.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:02 PM   #3
X92Festy

Drives: 2008 Yaris 2 dr...Blue
Do our cars come with the wiring for the fog lights even if it didn't have it from factory?
X92Festy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:29 PM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by X92Festy View Post
Do our cars come with the wiring for the fog lights even if it didn't have it from factory?
Yes and no. The wiring is present from the headlight switch through the under-dash fuse box to the under-hood fuse box. From there to the light locations it is not present. Micro Image sells a completely plug and play kit for the fogs, which includes the harness from the fogs to the under-hood fuse panel.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:36 AM   #5
BobTheYaris

Drives: '08 Yaris HB 2 dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
Yes and no. The wiring is present from the headlight switch through the under-dash fuse box to the under-hood fuse box. From there to the light locations it is not present. Micro Image sells a completely plug and play kit for the fogs, which includes the harness from the fogs to the under-hood fuse panel.

Then out of curiosity, what is the wire and plug that is sealed off behind the bumper under the driver side headlight?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
BobTheYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:03 AM   #6
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheYaris View Post
Then out of curiosity, what is the wire and plug that is sealed off behind the bumper under the driver side headlight?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Good question. I would need to see a picture of it to tell you for sure. If your Yaris does not have AC, it could be the ambient temperature sensor connector for instance.
Old 05-24-2014, 01:42 PM   #7
Dragunov

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback
Hi, Bob the Yaris, I had the same problems some time ago and this is what I have since then, I had HID's installed but the ones that is one HD bulb for High and Low and them install another pair on the Fog lights and the wire harness comes with the option of activating the High Beam the Fog lights will turn on by itself or the opposed to that.........
Dragunov is offline   Reply With Quote