Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-06-2022, 09:06 PM   #1
Rowain

Drives: Toyota Yaris MK1 1.0 autograss
Yaris 1sz fe - electrical questions

Hi all,

New here, I have a Yaris mk1 1.0 race car - firstly I have replaced the ECU and engine loom in the car can anyone tell me what the blue plug is for in the attached pic mounted on the side of the air box? Coolant sensor or similar? Secondly it is only the engine loom and ECU that is in the car as the rest is not needed, can anyone tell me how I would wire rhe OBD reader directly into the ECU? It's a French build ECU and loom - all the wiring diagrams I have are for the Jap built versions. Any help is hugely appreciated.

Thanks,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20221007-004933_eBay.jpg (79.7 KB, 48 views)
Rowain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 07:50 PM   #2
Cletus Garfunkle
Average KKT User

Drives: 2001 Echo
I do not know about other country's looms but in the US models that blue plug is an EVAP or emissions purge valve from the tank. If the hose on that little guy there goes to the intake that should be the Purge Valve.
Cletus Garfunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 10:00 AM   #3
Rowain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Garfunkle View Post
I do not know about other country's looms but in the US models that blue plug is an EVAP or emissions purge valve from the tank. If the hose on that little guy there goes to the intake that should be the Purge Valve.
Ace cheers, I've located it now it had come loose and was wedged underneath the inlet manifold. There's also 1 plug on the new loom I can't work out what it would be for, it's in the lsrt of the loom with the starter and alternator cables and looks like the below, does anyone have a clue what it would be for?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20221007-195127_Samsung Internet.jpg (59.0 KB, 33 views)
Old 10-10-2022, 07:27 PM   #4
Cletus Garfunkle
Average KKT User

Drives: 2001 Echo
I can't really say exactly what the plug is without an exact picture of it and placement on the engine. If it is near the alternator and ac compressor and it is a square plug that can reach the bottom of the engine I would call it the crank sensor plug. If you could get a picture of the plug on the harness and where it sorta sits by we should be able to help.
Cletus Garfunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 04:55 AM   #5
Rowain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Garfunkle View Post
I can't really say exactly what the plug is without an exact picture of it and placement on the engine. If it is near the alternator and ac compressor and it is a square plug that can reach the bottom of the engine I would call it the crank sensor plug. If you could get a picture of the plug on the harness and where it sorta sits by we should be able to help.

It would reach that area as its in the part of the loom with the alternator. Maybe knock sensor the knock sensors seem to be different from Jap to French.