Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-26-2010, 07:29 PM   #1
ANONGMUSIC

Drives: Toyota Yaris
Replacing Speakers + Upgrading System

Dear Toyota Owners!

As you can see, i'm new to this community so i'm not really experienced concerning forums and such as.

I've got a Toyota Yaris 1999/2000 and ive bought a soundinstallation to build in my car, since i want great music!

I managed to replace the standaard 6-disc radio by a Pioneer DEH-5200SD and ive connected the subwoofer + AMP.

now ive got a problem concerning the speakers in the front doors. These are 16cm speakers and its not a problem to replace them, only im having problems with the wires! I was going to ONLY replace the speakers and use the old/standard factory wires that were connected to the old speakers to connect to the new ones who got 80watt performance. Now im not sure if this is the right thing to do? Does the wires matter or do i have to replace the whole wire set?

BTW: does anybody have a tutorial on how-to do this with the wires?

thanks in advance,

ANONG
ANONGMUSIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 10:19 AM   #2
centrysis

Drives: '08 Yaris LB
If you're running the speakers off the deck I wouln't worry about it, but if you're running those front speakers off an amp, I would go with larger wire. I had never seen such small wires for speakers until I bought my Yaris. If you do run new wires, you have to get them through the boot in the door with either a wire puller, a coat hanger, or tape the new wire to the old and pull the old wire through along with the new.

Try this thread, page 4. 2008 Yaris sedan ‘S’ sound deadening project
centrysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 01:41 PM   #3
ANONGMUSIC

Hey!

thanks for your quick reply! The current original wires are connected to my new Pioneer radio and my radio is connected to my AMP where the subwoofer is connected to also.

So am i losing power/performance/sound on the speakers and tweeters in the doors/dash or is this difference minimal?

or do i need to connect NEW wires from the speakers to the Radio or new cables from the radio to the AMP?

Thanks in advance
Old 06-27-2010, 02:19 PM   #4
centrysis

If that pioneer is actually pushing the front speakers, I wouldn't worry about replacing the wires. What speakers, amp, and sub are you using? You said speakers and tweeters. So are you running components or coax speakers up front?
Old 06-27-2010, 06:55 PM   #5
ANONGMUSIC

Hey!

ive got this set:

Radion 90.4 AMP
Audio System Radion 12 Plus subwoofer
Audio System X--ION 165 FL Speaker Set
Old 06-29-2010, 05:57 PM   #6
centrysis

Looks like you should see if that amp can handle the front channels running your front component speakers, which I would then run new speaker wire to the fronts, and see if the rear channels of the amp can be bridged together and power your sub.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:29 PM   #7
Phynix
I've made a post!

Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris
summer is around the corner and my car is almost booming!

I just purchased MTX TDX65 6.5 speakers to replace the front stock ones in my 2010 toyota Yaris hatchback. also i have a Apline CDA 9886 deck and a 500WATT Alpine single 12'' sub. Can i power those speakers from the amp in the alpine? and in afew weeks gonna place the rear stock speakers with the same brand, i take it i will have to buy a wiring kit and speaker amp to power all??
Phynix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:45 PM   #8
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
It sounds like you are running the door speakers from the head unit. Stock wires should be fine. I bought some component speakers for mine and kept the stock wiring and they sound great.
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote