Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-17-2016, 01:31 PM   #1
øGMø

Drives: Yaris 3 HSD
Yaris III Hybrid Synergy Drive 100 how to disable TCS/VSC

Hello,
I hope someone will find an issue to solve this problem.
I have a Yaris 3 HSD 100 (europe) 2012 (style) and the car stop on a slope with snow even if I have snow tires.
I've read than US Yaris have a button close the handbrake to disable the trac control system (called ESP in europe) but I don't have a such button.
Does anyone have a solution ?
Any help is welcome.
Thanks you
øGMø is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 01:52 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Check your owners manual to see if there are instructions for how to turn it off. On US Toyotas without the switch there is a little dance that you have to do to temporarily disable it.
Old 01-17-2016, 02:00 PM   #3
EricGSXR

Drives: Yaris NSP90 1.33 TTE
It's only possible with Techsteam or IT2.
Otherwise users will destroy the car.

There is no button. Just like Prius, Auris, etc.
EricGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 02:39 PM   #4
øGMø

Ok thank you, owners manual is a quite... small, 10-15 pages no more and nothing about that.
Ok Eric, around 500$ for the kit if I understand :)
So, last solution, I have to sold this crap car.
I thought there was a solution like this one http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23651
Old 01-17-2016, 06:46 PM   #5
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGSXR View Post
It's only possible with Techsteam or IT2.
Otherwise users will destroy the car.

There is no button. Just like Prius, Auris, etc.
On the Prius, one has to do the procedure below to temporarily disable it:

These steps must be completed within 60 seconds.

Step 1: Set the ignition switch to ON, not READY. To do this press the power button two times, without pressing the brake pedal.

Step 2: While the transmission is still in park (P), fully press the gas pedal two times.

Step 3: Apply the parking brake to ensure that the vehicle will not move during this step. Put the transmission in neutral (N) and fully press the gas pedal two times.

Step 4: Put the transmission back in park (P) and fully press the gas pedal two times. The car will display “!Car!” in the upper left corner of the LCD screen.

Step 5: Press the brake pedal and turn the ignition switch to the start position, without going back to the ready position, to start the engine.

If these steps are followed correctly, the vehicle will start with the traction control system defeated.
Old 01-18-2016, 07:18 AM   #6
øGMø

I'll try. Thank you, I hope it works. This crap car scares me..
Old 01-18-2016, 10:28 AM   #7
lormagni

Drives: Toyota Yaris 1.33 SR
Quote:
Originally Posted by øGMø View Post
Hello,
I hope someone will find an issue to solve this problem.
I have a Yaris 3 HSD 100 (europe) 2012 (style) and the car stop on a slope with snow even if I have snow tires.
I've read than US Yaris have a button close the handbrake to disable the trac control system (called ESP in europe) but I don't have a such button.
Does anyone have a solution ?
Any help is welcome.
Thanks you
It's strange that your car hasn't that button. I have the same car, only with different engine (mine is the 1.33 Dual VVT-I) and there's this button under the handbrake that can be used to turn off both ESP and TRC. If you press the button while moving you'll deactivate it until the car reaches 20km/h speed. If you press it while the engine is turned off it will be deactivated even at higher speeds. This is the button we're talking about (image taken from another European forum member) :

lormagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 02:09 PM   #8
øGMø

Here I have the EV and Eco mode buttons. (and I haven't the seats heated !)
@CTScott your tips seems to be useful ! As you can see here: http://imgur.com/KOmm08M I have 2 orange lights turned on. The one on the left it's flashing every 1 sec and the second one is fix. I suppose it's the TCS deactivated... Because my owner manual simplified (15 pages) doesn't talk about these lights.
I've called 2 toyota reseller and nobody could help me. One of them will send to me an owner manual complete.
@lormani: Both resellers told me than not any Yaris Hybrid have the button. Only some Auris and all Prius
The car is parked down the slope and tonight it snows, first test tomorrow 05:00PM :)
One more time thank you CTScott, if it's the solution, you are better than a french toyota reseller :)
Old 01-18-2016, 02:12 PM   #9
øGMø

Quick reply currently in validation...
Old 01-19-2016, 05:22 AM   #10
mrpj

Drives: 2014 Icon+ 1.33l Multidrive
"It's strange that your car hasn't that button. I have the same car, only with different engine (mine is the 1.33 Dual VVT-I) and there's this button under the handbrake that can be used to turn off both ESP and TRC. If you press the button while moving you'll deactivate it until the car reaches 20km/h speed. If you press it while the engine is turned off it will be deactivated even at higher speeds. This is the button we're talking about (image taken from another European forum member) :"

That button is not fitted to hybrid versions which the o.p. has.

"Disabling the TRC/VSC systems (except hybrid vehicle)" Page 326 of my driver's handbook.
mrpj is offline   Reply With Quote