Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-25-2006, 01:15 PM   #19
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Go tribe. ;)
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 09:27 PM   #20
Proud Yaris owner

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
I need help; i just ordered the keyless entry system for my Yaris (has power package) and it cost $266 and was installed at the dealership but the problem is they are telling me the remote cannot open my trunk because i don't have a trunk release system ( i think they are lying to me because i am a girl and don't know much about cars) but can someone verify for me? They had to rewire it twice because they kept doing it wrong (my A/C controlled my locks on the inside...go figure) and they are supposed to be certified!

Anyway long story short, can your (anybody's) keyless remote open their trunk and does it make any noise (horn honk or chirp) when you lock your car? Mine only blinks twice and locks.
Proud Yaris owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 10:04 PM   #21
Bones

Drives: 07 Yaris S Type
What brand and model keyless entry did you get? Some of them come with a siren (which would make a chirping or siren noise) and some of them does not come with a siren but has the option of being hooked up to the car horn. Look at your manual and it should tell you what it comes with.

The yaris does not have an electric motor to open the trunk. The release beside your seat is controled manualy via a cable. You have to put a selonoid (electrical cable puller) to hook up to your keyless entry. There's an extra charge for the selonoid and installation.
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:47 PM   #22
Buckethead

True about keyless, I'm still getting used to 1 click, or 2 clicks. Honestly I couldn't tell you right this second what 1 or 2 clicks does. I still check to see if all the doors are locked before I leave.
Buckethead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 04:37 PM   #23
Proud Yaris owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones
What brand and model keyless entry did you get? Some of them come with a siren (which would make a chirping or siren noise) and some of them does not come with a siren but has the option of being hooked up to the car horn. Look at your manual and it should tell you what it comes with.

The yaris does not have an electric motor to open the trunk. The release beside your seat is controled manualy via a cable. You have to put a selonoid (electrical cable puller) to hook up to your keyless entry. There's an extra charge for the selonoid and installation.
Wow that sucks....Toyota is really bugging me out with this...lol....the brand they put in is Autopage (KE-115) see picture but he did tell me he can do an aftermarket installation for $300 but i don't think it is that serious i can do without it. i just don't see why i shouldn't get the sound option i mean they can hook it up to my horn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0374.JPG (64.3 KB, 314 views)
Proud Yaris owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 06:48 PM   #24
Bones

Drives: 07 Yaris S Type
I checked on Autopage's website, it does not come siren. It does have a wire to hook up to the car horn. Maybe you can talk them into hooking it up for you. It's only one wire (you don't even need a relay). I'd help you out but I'm here in San Diego. Good luck!!
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 07:06 PM   #25
riceboy

Drives: icebox
You guys don't have this??

Last edited by riceboy; 12-17-2006 at 02:21 PM.
riceboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 07:26 PM   #26
Sp33dY
www.OZTOYOTA.com

Drives: Toyota Echo
Riceboy --- US people have cheaper optioned cars and seem to miss out on standard things like Electric Windows and Central/Keyless entry like us Aussi's and Canadians get as standard even on our base models!
Old 07-27-2006, 10:40 PM   #27
eight_heads

Drives: '07 Yaris Liftback
yeah, we don't even get a tach.... they wanted it to be cheap cheap cheap and not go against the xA's

'07 Yaris Liftback
-Red 5spd w/convenience
eight_heads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 02:44 AM   #28
johnnyfive

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
if they were to actually ship the cars with the keyless, instead of the dealer adding it, we would have the on-key dongles...in the brochure i have it has the on-key ones like pictured above...but ate delivery there was no keyless, and the salesperson said they could put it in at the dealership...
johnnyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 02:11 PM   #29
Yaris Dick

Drives: 07 Yaris LB, 06 VW GTI, 06 G6
I just had a Circuit City keyless entry ("Valet" model 721T) put in today for $99.00.... installed! The stealership quoted me over $500.00 for their version. So far this thing is working great. If you want it to actuate the horn, it's a bit more money due to the addition of an interposing relay. I elected to stick with the light blinking option. It also unlocks the passenger side and liftgate (requires 3 button pushes versus the traditional 2 within 5 seconds).

So far, I couldn't be happier with it.
Yaris Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 06:02 PM   #30
slvryaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris Dick
I just had a Circuit City keyless entry ("Valet" model 721T) put in today for $99.00.... installed! The stealership quoted me over $500.00 for their version. So far this thing is working great. If you want it to actuate the horn, it's a bit more money due to the addition of an interposing relay. I elected to stick with the light blinking option. It also unlocks the passenger side and liftgate (requires 3 button pushes versus the traditional 2 within 5 seconds).

So far, I couldn't be happier with it.
Had the same thing done to mine. It was such a pain in the ass to get the car that the dealership put it in for free and never charged me for bit of it. Circuit City or Best Buy is the way to go if you want to get it done and get it done cheap.
slvryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:24 AM   #31
Doug007

Drives: 2007 Yaris S Sedan
I had Best Buy install the Viper keyless entry for $130 out the door. I had them put the blue LED on one of the blanks by the shifter. Looks nice and works great. BTW, I went with the parking flash only, not horn.
Daytime Running Lights
http://www.webelectricproducts.com/products.htm
Doug007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:57 AM   #32
yrsdrgn

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Send a message via AIM to yrsdrgn
i got my clifford matrix 50.5x and it come with keyless entry. Directed Electronics is pretty good with the alarming/electrical opening/closing stuff
Old 06-06-2007, 06:19 PM   #33
n0ts0intellig3nt

Drives: Yaris S LOL!
sorry to bring up an old thread but i used the search feature this time =]

that vin etching is pretty easy. i actually did it myself with the help of my former graphic communications teacher.
on a side note i also etched (N0TS0iNTELLiGENT) on my rear window. it was small but i think im going to regret it in the long run.

and now for the reason why i actually posted:
how much did the people who got the matrix 50.5x alarm/entry system have to pay to get that installed

Last edited by n0ts0intellig3nt; 06-06-2007 at 06:52 PM.
n0ts0intellig3nt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 11:54 PM   #34
dlinkwit27

Drives: Yaris Hatchback
I hate to bump as well, but how hard is it to install keyless by yourself I haev an 07 LB and the only place around that I can find the simple Viper 211 HV (keyless only) is Best Buy, but I don't really trust them to do the install since they messed up my rear panel when I had them do the speakers on my old car. (Also their "free" installation" normally ends up costing a good 200-300 dollars for extra "parts and labor" that are impossible to argue against at the local stores).
dlinkwit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:44 PM   #35
d4w1

Drives: Yaris Hatchback
Go to Best Buy. The model of the Viper alarm system I want to have installed with keyless entry and many other options for less that $240.00 out the door.
d4w1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 10:27 PM   #36
Niner

Drives: Silver 07 Yaris Sedan
Anyone done their own install? The install doc for one of the DEI units suggested that Toyotas use negative (ground) pulses to unlock. I want something very simple, just lock/unlock and trunk pop, so I don't want to pay for a system that has all the security/remote start stuff. Given how easy it seems to be to get into the door panels, I figure this shouldn't be too hard of an install.

Henry
Niner is offline   Reply With Quote